Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for bow suggestions.... >

Looking for bow suggestions....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for bow suggestions....

Old 02-14-2007, 09:47 AM

Default RE: Looking for bow suggestions....

Its funny how we all tell him to go to a local pro shop... what if there isn't one? I know when I got into archery there wasn't an archery pro shop within an hour and a half of me!
Old 02-14-2007, 09:48 AM

i agree with the other guys, shoot everything they have. You will be able to feel/hear the differences between the vibration, noise (which u can always limit some of it), how smooth it is on the draw, etc. Make sure you go to a shop that offers great QUALITY service.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:57 AM
Spike

OKChunter,Are you very close to Shawnee, Ok. I'm from Stillwater, and I travel down to Tabe's Archery Shop in Shawnee. They are very friendly and they do not mind helping you out at all. They actually gave me discounts because i drove from Stillwater to buy stuff at their shop.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fred Bear INSTINCT--I think it just might be the absolute best bow for the money!jmho.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a PSE Bruin I picked up at outdoor outfitters. I think the package deal was priced at $320.00. It did me well this past season. Its not as nice as the Hoyt I was looking at, but then the Hoyt was nearly $800 for the bow.Im happy with my PSE. Dont forget you will also have to pick up a release and some arrows, they can get a bit expensive. If you want to shoot my bow just send me a pm and we can meet up this weekend.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I shoot a PSE Bruin I picked up at outdoor outfitters. I think the package deal was priced at $320.00. It did me well this past season. Its not as nice as the Hoyt I was looking at, but then the Hoyt was nearly $800 for the bow.Im happy with my PSE. Dont forget you will also have to pick up a release and some arrows, they can get a bit expensive. If you want to shoot my bow just send me a pm and we can meet up this weekend.

I was thinking PSE that's what my brother hunts with and he likes his. Being a student getting a complete setup for around $400 or lessis critical. davs2601 how's Outdoor Outfitters archery department? Do they have an indoor bow range? If they have all that I may just drop by on Friday and see what they have and talk to them and shoot some bows. Now shoot what draw weight and length I need so that will have to be measured I am sure.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:21 PM

i would go with a pse they are good bows and not bad in price depending on wich type you buy i have a pse nova.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:31 PM

Fred Bear and Reflex both make good bows for the money. Someone mentioned the bowtech tomkat, which could be a good choice, as well. You also may want to ask your dealer if he still has some models left on the shelf from last year that would have a discounted price. My guess is most of those deals would be gone by now, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Also when you are figuring price, don't forget to consider the cost of accessories such as rest, sight, release, arrows, etc... because you will end up paying a lot more than just the price of the bow to get properly set up.
Old 02-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

I think they still have the bruin marked down at outdoor outfitters. They only have a 20 yard lane behind the counter. The guys in the archery department are easy to deal with. They got me set up easily with draw weight and length. I shoot at 58 lbs, its not about how much you can pull back its about how much you can pull back easily and quietly. If you go try to get there early in the morning when there isnt a crowd. Good luck on your new bow purchase.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: davs2601

I think they still have the bruin marked down at outdoor outfitters. They only have a 20 yard lane behind the counter. The guys in the archery department are easy to deal with. They got me set up easily with draw weight and length. I shoot at 58 lbs, its not about how much you can pull back its about how much you can pull back easily and quietly. If you go try to get there early in the morning when there isnt a crowd. Good luck on your new bow purchase.
Good deal I will go looking tomorrow. If I find something I can afford and like I will be coming home with a new bow.. Then I just have to get some targets and a couple hay bails for the back yard and I'l be all et to practice. They open up at 10am I think so I will drop buy after taking the kids to school.

Quick Reply: Looking for bow suggestions....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.