Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allegiance serving seperation...? >

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:44 PM

Default RE: Allegiance serving seperation...?

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

No word back from Bowtech yet... [&:]

Old 01-16-2007, 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Other than the strings, I could not be happier with my purchase and I wouldn't trade it for any other bow on the market.
My major concern when I saw what I did was that the strings were NOT the problem...........just the most obvious symptom of a problem with the cams. The chewed up tires are not the problem on a poorly aligned car.

I sincerely hope that is not the case. Keep us posted and good luck. Hopefully it will be an easy and quick fix.

My posts were not intended to deter you from this company and their product.
If anything you have shown admirable patience and calm........I know my boiling point would be pretty low if I was in your shoes.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM

I wouldn't think that the cams would be the problem, at least not with this particular bow. I wasn't aware that Bowtech redesigned the Allegiance's cams at all from last year. Had they done that I would have a much easier time considering this as the source of the problem.

My guess is that it was just a string that was put together poorly. Things happen and I understand that, it isn't a huge problem at this point so I'm not too worried.

I just dropped a lot of my money on this bow and I expected quality. Everything other than the string has met or exceeded my expectations. I never expect much from factory strings anyhow, I generally replace them with custom strings within the first year.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:53 AM
Dominant Buck

If anything you have shown admirable patience and calm........I know my boiling point would be pretty low if I was in your shoes.
That's a completely ridiculous statement. He found the problem and he's written a letter to the company ......all in ONE day. What, Atlas....he should picket if they don't send a technician by helicopter, today?

I checked mine, last night. Nothing...and I have 500+ shots through mine.

Look at it this way.....(and I'd say this if it were ANY major brand bow manufacturer)....is there ANY way ANYONE....DOESN'T think they're going to make this right? If not....what's all the fuss about?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing to think about as well there Dan is that all the guys at Bowtech are in Atlanta right now for the ATA show. You may not hear from them directly until the weekend at soonest. Another reason to call the dealer ASAP about this.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not to steal the thread, but how much does a new bow string go for? Lets just say I have a new addition and pics will be up in a week when its home.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:08 PM

WH, I had contacted Bowtech earlier this month on a couple of questions I had regarding their Black Ice. It took a couple of days for them, but they called me direct.The tech even apologized that it took so long to get back to me. They have a good reputation for their products, & I, like u chose them for that. Give it sometime w/the archery show going on, it might take a little longer. Maybe your proshop guy would be willing to switch strings w/u & let him handle it from there.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:33 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

1000+ shots through mine and no indication of serving wear. I don't think it is the cams.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Another thing to think about as well there Dan is that all the guys at Bowtech are in Atlanta right now for the ATA show. You may not hear from them directly until the weekend at soonest. Another reason to call the dealer ASAP about this.
You know Matt, that hadn't even crossed my mind. I'll bet you're right though. Good lookin' out!

Zdeer, depends on what you want.

I believe Gibblet's strings go for around $50, as do most custom strings.

The Winner's Choice I put on my Martin were around $90.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why I make my own!!!!

Quick Reply: Allegiance serving seperation...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.