Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allegiance serving seperation...? >

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Old 01-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Allegiance serving seperation...?

I thought of one reason the shop may have had for giving you the 2 week turnaround. Most of the commercial archery world has been at the Archery Trade Show in Atlanta from Wed-Sat. Figure in some travel time from Washington and back, well, they blew a week right there.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:14 PM

I went in yesterday afternoon (without my bow, I didn't realize we were stopping in until we got there) and talked to Anthony, the guy who actually worked with me setting it up.

I told him what the deal was and his words were;

"Screw whatthe manager told you,dude. Bring your bow in and we'll swap your strings out. We'll check your cam for burs and if we find any we'll throw a new one [cam]on. We've got plenty in back. Don't even worry."

So, as soon as I can get in I'll be able to get the problem taken care of.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, I'm glad to hear that! You will be back zinging arrows through your bow in no time!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Deal, to bad you didn't get to talk to him first.
Old 01-21-2007, 12:21 PM

Let us know after u get set up, how it goes. 2 bad u had to go thru this.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Fork Horn

This is the first time i've read this particular post and I know what you are going through and then some. I bought the 06 Allegiance brand new last yr and shot it for a yr no problem. Thought Bowtech was the best thing in the world.Well just this past fall on Oct 18 to be exact I was walking up to a deer I had just shot and was holding my bow by the bottom limb, when suddenly I felt something jabbing me. Here the top layer of the bottom limb had begun to splinter!!! So I figure ok this can happen so I took it back to my dealer now it's oct 19 and he says well it'll be 2 weeks till we can get u new limbs!!! Now I also had spent 1200$ just a yr ago on this bow and I thought 2 weeks was a little long to be waiting on a bow in the middle of archery season. So I asked is there any way to replace this bow or do overnight shipping on the limbs or anything!! Nope we can't swap limbs even though there were 10 new ones on the shelf, and we don't just lend out bows. Ok how bout the overnight shipping well yea if you want to spend 40 extra dollars!! So I left very unhappy and ended up calling Bowtech myself. After talking to 3 diff people on the phone finally I talked to a serviceman I guess he was and I explained everything just likeI did a the dealer and I suggested the ON shipping again and all he said we yea if u wanna spend 40$. I consistently reminded him that i spent 750 for his bow last yr but that didn't matter. Well finally he tells me, we are behind on our 70# limbs and it will be atleast 2 weeks till we get them shipped out! All I said to him was Unbeleivable!! and left him know that this wouldn't happen again. Well I ended up gettin my bow back 4 weeks and 3 days later 2 days after archery season went out!! So now I just really don't know what to think about the company because the bow shoots like a champ and something like this MAY never happen again and it's not worth tradeing the bow in because I'm sure I will not get near the value for it. So right now I'm really up in the air with what to do until next archery season. Sorry to be so long winded but that was my whole archery season and my experience with Bowtech so far
Old 01-22-2007, 10:19 AM

tky, write a letter to the chairman of the company & let him know what happened. They may not really give a damn, but u might get some satisfaction from it.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: tky1187

This is the first time i've read this particular post and I know what you are going through and then some. I bought the 06 Allegiance brand new last yr and shot it for a yr no problem. Thought Bowtech was the best thing in the world.Well just this past fall on Oct 18 to be exact I was walking up to a deer I had just shot and was holding my bow by the bottom limb, when suddenly I felt something jabbing me. Here the top layer of the bottom limb had begun to splinter!!! So I figure ok this can happen so I took it back to my dealer now it's oct 19 and he says well it'll be 2 weeks till we can get u new limbs!!! Now I also had spent 1200$ just a yr ago on this bow and I thought 2 weeks was a little long to be waiting on a bow in the middle of archery season. So I asked is there any way to replace this bow or do overnight shipping on the limbs or anything!! Nope we can't swap limbs even though there were 10 new ones on the shelf, and we don't just lend out bows. Ok how bout the overnight shipping well yea if you want to spend 40 extra dollars!! So I left very unhappy and ended up calling Bowtech myself. After talking to 3 diff people on the phone finally I talked to a serviceman I guess he was and I explained everything just likeI did a the dealer and I suggested the ON shipping again and all he said we yea if u wanna spend 40$. I consistently reminded him that i spent 750 for his bow last yr but that didn't matter. Well finally he tells me, we are behind on our 70# limbs and it will be atleast 2 weeks till we get them shipped out! All I said to him was Unbeleivable!! and left him know that this wouldn't happen again. Well I ended up gettin my bow back 4 weeks and 3 days later 2 days after archery season went out!! So now I just really don't know what to think about the company because the bow shoots like a champ and something like this MAY never happen again and it's not worth tradeing the bow in because I'm sure I will not get near the value for it. So right now I'm really up in the air with what to do until next archery season. Sorry to be so long winded but that was my whole archery season and my experience with Bowtech so far
Had a similar problem with my Old Glory last July and had new Max4 limbs 2 days after talking to BowTech. (At no cost to me.) I guess it just depends where you fall in their production cycle. They can't give you what they don't have. That's why I have a spare bow.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:13 AM

Just an update;

I took the bow into the shop and looked at it with the guy who set me up.

We put the bow on the press and took the string off. Upon close inspection we noticed that the serving on the loop wasn't fraying, it was a small piece of serving coming up from underneith the wrapped serving and that made it look like it was fraying.

We decided that the seperation along the cams was no big deal at this point, so we'll leave it alone for now.

Just thought I'd let y'all know.