Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allegiance serving seperation...? >

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Old 01-15-2007, 11:35 PM

Default RE: Allegiance serving seperation...?

This is my EXACT findings when I shot both the Allegiance and Guardian. The servings were coming apart while they were still in the shop.

ORIGINAL: atlasman

Most of all on initial inspection the cables are twisted around in the cam like a pretzel with two posts set awkwardly close to each other.........just looking at it closely my initial fear was confirmed.......the serving on the cable was already coming apart in that area. The shop owner said 4 people had shot the bow before me and it probably had well under 100 shots through it...................

Sadly the Allegiance showed similar (although not as bad) serving wear in the cams. This was disappointing.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1888279

My guess is this will be very common with the 2007 Bowtechs. Your last 2 pictures are more in line with what I saw. Not good IMO.

Keep us posted and good luck.

The best customer service IMO is putting out a product that DOESN'T need fixing when it's brand new.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:40 PM

The best customer service IMO is putting out a product that DOESN'T need fixing when it's brand new.
I completely agree. This is why I'm as disapointed as I am. After all I've heard about Bowtech, I would figure that the strings would be the least of my worries.

Live and learn, it'll get fixed.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Dominant Buck

The best customer service is making sure your customers are satisfied.

This issue that you're having is enough to have me check my '07 Allegiance....but it's not enough for me to badmouth the company or the product. I'll even say that I'd have boughtthis bow even if I KNEW I was going to have to replace the strings and cables. I hope this isn't a sign of the times for Bowtech, though. I KNOW they just starting making their own strings/cables (according to Bowhunt America). I just hope they know what they're doing.

I'll check mine, tonight....and report back.

Dan....that was a great letter.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really hope that this is just a one off situation. The reason for me saying this is; on my 2005 Allegiance I never got a problem with the string/cables and I shot that bow almost every day. In 2006 I changed to a Winners Choice string only because I was changing to a G5 1/4" Meta peep, the new Weather Tamer Winners Choice cable slideand decided it was a good time to change the strings--there was a bit of fuzzing, ( where the cables passes thru the cable slide)but absolutely no serving seperation. There was however noticable wear at the nocking point on the center serving, but this will come on any string after shooting lots and lots of arrows.

I would certainly contact BowTech--I am dead certain they will address this matter without any furthercost to you.
I myself would be disappointed had this happened on my bow. Certainly not good enough. Lets justhope it's the one that got away.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure Pat will take care of you, don't they actually include lifetime warranty on string/cables?

Also, as an FYI Bowtech will probably want to see the warranty claim go through the dealer rather than sending stuff direct to you. I would be contacting the dealer first and have them resolve it for you and be sending the emails and making the phone calls. This is part of the service a dealer owes to you, they should be an advocate for you............
Old 01-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT, Bowtech has made strings in-house for several years now.

Rick, cables and strings are not covered under a lifetime warranty... I don't know of any manufacturer that warranties strings for a lifetime? We will certainly get this taken care of for Dan, though. I agree with taking it to the dealer first, as I suggested on page 2.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Its a little disapointing to be running into problems already, but I'd rather it happen while I have the money to get it handled than when I'm flat broke.

I definitely had Gibblet in mind when I started the thread, MO.
Not to give you bad news or anything WH, but I have had three sets of strings from John (Gibblet) now, and all have done this to a certain degree. None were as bad as yours, but all have some serving seperation (See: Very slight). These strings were put on a SB XT, Darton Tempest, and a Hoyt Vectrix.
I am assuming it is normal...since I have seen it happen with every set of strings I have had so far.
Gibblets strings are made to self destruct if there is serving seperation...maybe I should ask him about that...[8D]
Old 01-16-2007, 12:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dan those last pic do not look good. I had a FeatherMax that did that, it ate strings. We finally took the cam off and filed out the burrswe fond in it. Might want to check for burrs.

It may just be that is the price you pay for speed, not saying in is wrong or bad.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Jeff, don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to badmouth Bowtech or its product. They made one excellent bow, which is why I chose them over all the other manufacturers out there. I'm just a little disapointed to be having a problem with it this soon.

I hope thats not what it seemed like I was doing. I absolutely love this bow and just want the problem resolved.

Everyone else, as soon as I hear back from Bowtech about what I should do (Greg has mentioned taking it back to the dealer so I'm almost positive they'll suggest the same) I'll take it in.

Will I need the receipt? I'm not sure what I did with it, to be honest.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will I need the receipt? I'm not sure what I did with it, to be honest.
Another reason to take it back to the dealer... I'm sure he'll remember selling you the bow less than, what ... two months ago?

That may be a good reminder to go online and register your bow as well if you've never done that.

Quick Reply: Allegiance serving seperation...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.