Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Celbrating after the shot...... >

Celbrating after the shot......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Celbrating after the shot......

Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Celbrating after the shot......

I think some of that stuff on tv could be the fact that these guys do that for a living, and it's like landing a big account at the office for them. I dunno.... I have seen some, like Raglin seem to be putting it on, but again ... I dunno.

For myself, every situation is different. ....
Is this a buck I have hunted over and over and have put alot of time into..

Is it a gun kill doe in the first hour of opening day .....

Is it the last day of the Big deer contest and I believe I just shot the winner .....

Is it my best buck to date .....

Is my dad or brother with me .....

Is my boy or nephew(s) with me ....

Most of all, I get way more excited when one of the above get a deer than when I do .... don't get me wrong .... I am Italian!! By definition I am emotional!

You guys are great ... I love this forum!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I unhook my safety harness and do a "triple lindy" out of my stand. Once I stick tha landing I usually run full bore to the deer yelling "BOOM SHOCKA LOCKA!!" the whole way.jj

On a serious note, I usually let out a huge sigh of relief and try to get my breathing and heart rate back on track. Sometimes I continue to hunt so I don't make too much ruckus but there is usually some sort of "congratulation/celebration" type moment when me and my hunting partner get together and get the deer. Even if I am by myself I stillfeel very excited, fortunate, and thankful all at once so I don't no how to really sum that up but I kind of celebrate and talk to/congratulate myself a little bit. AlsoI usually feel a little bit proud that I had a good set-up and everything came together and my efforts were rewarded. Kind of like an"I just knew this stand would pay off!" kind of feeling.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kshunter

One thing to notice though, it that it does feel much different when you're by yourself, when compared to having another person (camera man or friend) with you. When I'm by myself, my adrenaline is through the roof, but physically i'm not as excited as people you would see on TV. On the other hand, when I hunt with my wife or a buddy, and one of us get one, then the emotion is shown physically. High 5's, and other physicalemotionstend to flow much better. And that's partially the case on TV. And that's what i've noticed with myself. When you have someone to celebrate with, the celebration tends to be physcially received better.

A very observent guy, right here.

I never thought of it that way but you are right. I'm excited when alone but not to the point of jumping up and down and fist pumping.

When I take my dad or kids hunting and they connect, the excitement is much more. Back slaps, hugs, and lots of smiles. There is a difference.

I also think the guys on camera have a lot more pressure on them to get a kill on film. I'd imagine that some of that celebration is a release of that pressure too.

I do know that some things are staged for the camera too. I had a fellow hunter that went hunting in Ill. this past season. A well known hunter was there filming his hunt at the same time. The buck this hunter killed swam out in a pond to expire. They dragged the deer to shore and drug it to fenceline to film the recovery. It was staged.

I admit that this is second hand info. but the guy that told me seemed suprised that they did that stuff. He thought they filmed the hunts as they happened. He didn't bad mouth the famous hunter, he just relayed what he saw while on his hunt.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:18 AM

I have a serious dislike for stan potts and I've never thought about but maybe that's why I don't like him.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

It looks stupid toOVER celebrate
Old 01-13-2007, 02:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just thought of a time were my brother had shot a nice buck. He saw he arrow go in right behind the shoulder. He waited an hour and radioed me. I met him at his stand and we immediately found the hair and blood at the hit spot. We followed a decent blood trail for 70 yards when all of a sudden, the buck jumped up from a pine tree he was bedded under. Our excitement shrank as he bounded through thick pines and crossed the road. After 2 hours of tracking that buck with no more blood and no more sign, we decided to eat lunch and call deer search.

As we are sitting on the back of my truck, a guy drives up and asks "hey! Did one of you guys shoot a nice buck and couldn't find it?"

Turns out the buck ran down the road for a hundred yards or so and crossed the road, piling up 50 yards or so into the woods.

He single lunged, livered and gut shot it. The entry was where he thought it was, the exit was mid back body.

I must say, if there was ever a time that we whooped and hollered, that was one of 'em. We thought we lost it ....
Old 01-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Typical Buck

I usually get excited with the shakes and heart palpitations. This year was different. I have posted this year my health was a mess diagnosed with ms and while doing second Mri found 3 discs crushing spinal column after emergency surgery on nov3 released nov6 from neck surgery c2-c7 all repaired I made the opener against drs orders on nov18 I cried as I sat in myblind like a baby. I didn't connect this year but it may be my best yr of hunting ever just cause I could. An emotional yr Its a wonder with all my tears I didn't flood the area. Who says grown men don't cry they are full of ****!
Old 01-14-2007, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Define "OVER celebrate". What is acceptable to you?

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

It looks stupid toOVER celebrate
Old 01-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't act like they do on TV but I think the only reason is because if I did I would be hanging from my safety belt. It usually takes all my concentration to keep from falling out of my tree or to keep breathing. I usually shake so bad that I have to sit down and grab my treestand seat with both hands and hold on for dear life. I can see every shot in my mind though that I have ever taken on a deer. I did whoop it up a little when I found my deer that I have on my wall but that was the next day after walking around six miles grid searching. It was my last pass through the timber when all of the sudden I saw where something had stirred up a bunch of leaves and I walked over to this location and looked down a gully and low and behold there he was underneath this huge log. If not for the rustled leaves I would have never found him. 22 inch inside spread 150" 11 pointer.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Disrespectful to the animal? Come on!
The only thing I would find disrespectful is injuring the animal without killing it. Other than that, whoooop it up like Stan!
I don't know about you man, maybe instead of killing them, you should just hit them with your purse
If it's not disrepsectful to you guys to be whooping it up while the deer you just arrowed is dying.....then have at it. I'm not going to argue or belittle you. It's your opinon that this is "acceptable".

I just stated I don't agree.

Quick Reply: Celbrating after the shot......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.