Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Celbrating after the shot...... >

Celbrating after the shot......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Celbrating after the shot......

Old 01-12-2007, 08:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Celbrating after the shot......

I remember how I've felt after the shot on each deer I took, this year. I never feel the emotions the guys on TV seem to. I remember being really, really intense on the first one. One, I felt, had a purpose in being harvested.....and I felt a totally different emotion in taking her. The rest were NEVER "celebrated" in an outward fashion.....or in a manner of boasting. I never remember pumping my fist......"whooping it up".....or anything of that manner. It's a pretty intense feeling I get.....at that "EXACT"time.

Just thinking about this........

"I" (emphasis on 'I') feel a lot of what I see on TV is disrespectful to the animals. I can't help it.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Celbrating after the shot......

My only comment is this......99% of what you see from the "pro's" on television has been staged. Edited. They don't show the "real deal." Cut aways and editing are what save their bacons....

Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 AM

Yeah 1 person i always see go crazy is Micael Waddell.I have never gotten that emotional,then again i have never shot as big a deer as he has.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:07 AM

usually after the shot my heart is raceing and im sittin down tryin to calm down and replay from when i see the deer til after i shot the deer, so i never have outwardly expressed my emotion such as in the way that they do on television. im not goin to say if it disrespects the animal or not, becuase people have different ways of expressing them selfs, true it could be stage,(i feel that the huntin u see on tv is really "hunting" in most aspects), but it could just be the way that they express themselfs.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I get pretty fired up after I make a good shot on an animal. My first buck, I was in the tree fist pumping and YELLING "yes, yes" so loudly that my buddy on the other side of the orchard yelled to me to shut up so he could listen to my deer crash. When I take a bear, I get the shakes really bad...

I always celebrate, I don't think it's disrespectful to the animal at all.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr
My only comment is this......99% of what you see from the "pro's" on television has been staged. Edited. They don't show the "real deal." Cut aways and editing are what save their bacons....
I have seen several movies,bothHollywood and Hunting, be filmed.
You have NO ideahowmuch editing and retakes go into a film.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM

well all i can say is that in my 5th year hunting this year i finnally connected on my first. she went down in her tracks and then all heck just broke loose, i let out a couple good yells that my cousin heard on the other side of a 250 yard wide cornfield. (i literally fell out of the ground blind!) youve got to realize what MO said before, its staged so how can you show true excitement on a hunt that you know what is going to happen. i dont know about you guys but i have yet to be on a hunt where i know what is going to happen.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get really pumped after I know I've made a good shot on a deer. It always happens after I shoot and watch the deer bound off. You know how the process goes. You shoot, the deer runs outof site oryou get lucky enough to watch it go down. I'm always in the"zone" till this happens, and I never get loud for fear the deer might get more spooked andhigh tail it farther off. You're going over the shot, trying to mark the place he was standing when you shot him, and the last place you saw him before he disappeared from view. Listening for him to crash, etc. But, after it sinks in, I've got to tell you that I get the shakes pretty bad and usually have to sit down for a few minutes. I don't "Whoop it up" by getting loud, but I do in my mind. I've been known to give a fist pump or two though. I've also been so discusted with myself after a miss one time that I threw my hat. Kind of childish really, butsometimes emotions express themselves that way. I don'tfind it disrespectful to the animal to show your excitment for your success.Some people just show their emotions different than others.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't whoop or holler, but I do get all giddy like a schoolgirl. Then I always call my wife and mymom and tell them.

I think the Stan Potts should win an award for most dramatic celebration after a kill. Tred Barta should get one for most assenine.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:25 AM

Hunting shows are very much staged and set-up. The shows are really about selling products and not for the purity and ethics of the real hunting experience. With that said, I have no problem with someone getting very excited about harvesting an animal. I look at it as an expression of just how much it means to the person, not disrespect. In my opinion, you don't disrespect an animal by doing that, you disrespect an animal by being a slob hunter that is careless with harvesting an animal, such as taking idiotic shots, etc...

Quick Reply: Celbrating after the shot......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.