Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jealousy

Old 01-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default Jealousy

Back in the early '90s a friend of mine told me that he read somewhere that deer hunting stirred up jealousy more than most other sports. This friend is a great deer hunter and taught me a lot about hunting for mature bucks. He's taken over 20+ P&Ys and never entered any of them. If you didn't know this guy, you'd never even know that he was a deer hunter. Although we didn't hunt together much, we'd always help each other track and recover our deer. We also worked at the same company. The reason we were talking about jealousy was because of some talk going around about how we got our deer. You know....we shot them at night, illegally baited, trespassed etc. None of it was true, we didn't really even know these guys. We worked at the same place as them but never hung around with them. How could they know what we did? We would always congradulate people's deer no matter what size and be happy for them.

Why does this happen?
Old 01-10-2007, 04:15 AM

Default RE: Jealousy

I don't know why it happens buta "friend" of mine accused me of killing my 05 buck (avatar) from the road as this is his main method of hunting. He was jealous because I was actually sitting in the woods instead of my warm truck.

It really doesn't matter what others think as long as you know that you are better hunters than them. I hate people like the above mentioned.[:'(]
Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 AM
Dominant Buck

Jealousy is for those who can't or won't take the time and make the effort to do better , I don't study on wieners like that , I just ignore them .
Old 01-10-2007, 04:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had the same type of experience when I got my 03 buck. Someone called the game warden and told them I shot with my shotgun. The game warden went to the taxidermist and confiscated my cape and sent it off for testing for gunpowder residue. Well they didn't find any because it wasn't shot with a shotgun it was shot with a bow. He then pulled me over while shotgun and proceeded to question me about this deer. I simply told him that the deer was legally taken and that he was a idiot for thinking that I would have taken this deer illegally. He didn't like what I had to say too much but I think he knew I was telling the truth. I also told him that if I was going to use a gun which I would never do it would not have been a shotgun. I said to him next time why don't you come to me and question me before you go and jump too any conclusions. I haven't ever found out who reported me but if I do they had better look out cause I think I will have too take them out behind the woodshed.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Jealous
JEALOUS
, a. jel'us.
1. Suspicious; apprehensive of rivalship; uneasy through fear that another has withdrawn or may withdraw from one the affections of a person he loves, or enjoy some good which he desires to obtain; followed by of, and applied both to the object of love and to the rival. We say, a young man is jealous of the woman he loves, or jealous of his rival. A man is jealous of his wife,and the wife of her husband.
2. Suspicious that we do not enjoy the affection or respect of others, or that another is more loved and respected than ourselves.
3. Emulous; full of competition.

The nature of man ...... [&:]
Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see alot of that around here too.I cant explain it,It just sounds stupid to accuse someone of that when you dont know it.It always seems to be the ones that get out 4-5 times a year.(gee i wonder why they didnt do any good?)
Old 01-10-2007, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yes Gregh I got ask if I got a ticket for tagging my deer wrong by a member of our club. This is the rumor going around, I looked at them and said "Now do you guys see why I never hang any pictures out here" Not just with deer, it happen with everything in life. I guess it is just human nature with some people.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Poison for some. An opportunity for the rest.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I went into my bow shop 3 weeks ago……and as I was leaving…..the owner told me…”Jeff….I’m not saying you’re doing anything wrong….but I thought I’d tell you…some guys are talking to the game warden about people hunting within the parks system….and your name was mentioned”.

I WENT OFF.

He couldn’t understand why I got so upset (if I wasn’t doing anything wrong????)…..and I explained it this way. I asked him if he’d be upset if I walked down to the corner restaurant and told everyone he was cheating on his wife. Why should he be upset….if he wasn’t doing anything wrong?????

I have a parks system that NO ONE can hunt, legally, as a man-made breakline DIRECTLY adjacent to the properties I hunt. I am the ONLY person that has access to these properties…..and if someone were hunting within the parks system….they’d be stepping on MY toes. I’m the greatest ally the game warden has!

This smells of PURE jealousy. I, like Germ, will NEVER have another photo of ANY deer I ever shoot at the bow shop, again…..nor will they ever know if I harvest another whitetail deer. I’ll never tell, again.

In my second year of hunting whitetails…..I harvested 5. If you asked me to be honest….I ran into some jealousy on this board with my success, this season. That’s the way I saw it.

No one wants to believe that hard work sometimes pays off.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Greg, you know how they know. To be consistantly successful you can only be going it one of two ways. You either got to cheat or "You're the luckiest guy I know"(I'm sure you've also been accused of being lucky a lot of times)[8D] I even had a guy I hunted with on a weekly basis for about 10 years. His name for me, "Mr. Lucky". We haven't hunted together in 4or 5 years(he quit bowhunting) but everytime I stop by to say hello, "Hey, here's Mr LuckY".

So, I guess it doesn't matter which you are Lucky or a Cheat. Someone has to tag you with a name you know. Like for example, some people call me Crotchetty,..... go figure.[8D][8D] I really don't care, let them talk.... we all know better.

Quick Reply: Jealousy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.