Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jealousy

Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 AM

Default RE: Jealousy

You are not a truly successfull bowhunter until you have a rumor spread about you.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt with Family mostly and there have been times that the jealousy is obvisous.

There are not accusations of illegal doings or road hunting because everyone knows how everyone else hunts, but if day #3 of a hunt approaches and my brother had not filled a tag, and I have ....you can hardly stand to be around him...[:@]. He gets grumpy and nasty.

As for others, when they see pics, mounts and hear stories they always make the same kinda snide comments.

IMO, once hunting becomes more than personal gratification and a personal challenge, a lot of the joy can be lost.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Dominant Buck

When I shot my first ever deer.....my buck I entered into this year's contest.....Gary (Germ), Rob/PA, Mantis Mayer, DukeMichaels....etc.....ALL veteran deer hunters.....went nuts. They were congratulating me from every direction. It was a little overwhelming.I didn't understand it. It wasn't that my deer was a huge deer, either. This was genuine, and the best example of NON-jealousy I could cite.

THAT is what I thought the deer hunting community was all about. That's what I assumed deer camps were all about. That's what I assumed this forum was all about.

Things aren't always as they seem.

I had good teachers.....my teammates. I have NO jealousy towards another man's/woman's deer.

OK, OK.....ladybuckhntr is the exception!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:50 AM

I agree there are some jealous people out there. But there are some very boastful people out there as well. Some people kill one big deer and they are all the sudden Fred Bear. Some people kill there limit every year. Well there are a lot of people that can do that, but CHOOSE not to. So some people that may seem jealous are actually just sick of hearing everyone brag about themselves.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree JB,

if you hold yourself out as super human, you invite attacks from all angles. It's human nature to find fault in those who are "all knowing" and "pure". A degree of humility is the answer.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

I came across some jealousy this year as well. I live in Metro St. Louis but home is the hills of southeast MO. I killed a real nice buck this year on public ground in St. Louis County. When I brought him back home, the most popular comment was, "Well, it's a city deer. They're tame up there." LOL......They have no idea how much pressure there is where I hunt; deer approach looking up in trees,dozens of people/hunterstrouncing through the woods, the two mile walk just to get where you want to hunt, etc. etc. etc. What are you going to do? Nothing...just keep enjoying yourself...and kill an even bigger one so they can talk about you some more!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

After seeing only ONE (or two) mature whitetail buck(s) in the 2 yrs I've been hunting them.....the ONLY thing I'm jealous of......is....I just wanna be somewhere where I can see MORE of these guys...lol. If I told you I just wanted to SEE (more) them...you'd think I was lying. Sure....I wanna harvest one....but just being in their PRESENCE is awesome. I'm ENVIOUS of those in the states/areas where 250# deer are the norm. I'd love to just see a true monarch cruise into a bunch of deer and see their reaction to him.

OK....I'm jealous of those who get to see this, a lot.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

people get jealous and i think it is stupid. If you shot a deer i will always believe that people shot them legally. They should never say you did it thw wrong way. I hate when people do that.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't get it either. If a deer was taken legally, then I'm happy for the hunter. I don't see why someone has to mud-sling with a rumor.

I had a person attempt to start a rumor about me, after I arrowed my buck this year. His rumor was that I hunted for a buck in all seasons and even before season, because I was always in the woods. In reality, I was always in the woods, scouting every weekend(before season), and taking my wife hunting on the weekends that I legally couldn't hunt bucks, but she could (different seasons). He told that rumor to my best buddy though, and he set him straight!

It's funny that he even congratulated me on the deer, and then a week later tried starting the rumor. Some people assume that if you're in the woods, then you must be hunting... Wrong, and what adumb assumption. I doubt the rumor ever would have been thought of, unless I had harvested a buck. Especially with hunting on video, the last thing I'm going to do is hunt illegally. The good thing is that even though a rumor may be started, I'd dare anyone to prove it, because there's no way they could.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:53 AM

that had happend to me this year.. since its my first year bowhunting an i killed 2 nice bucks on my first year.. i was always asked an made fun of because people were saying i roadhunted them.. i dont even know what the heck that means.. i sat in my treestand from 6am to 11pm befor i shot my first deer.. an the other one happend so fast i wasnt in my stand for more then 20mins.. so i always hear you road hunted.
but both time i killed my deer my best buddie was with me.. telling them i never did but evertime i go around a part of the town i hear is that the guy that killed them 2 big bucks from the road? it makes me mad i really dont know if its because my first year bowhunting an i killed bigger bucks then they have their whole life? or if i had a lucky season i have no idea.. but people now days are mean never saying hey congratz on the deer bud or nice buck where did u kill them at..
but another thing is when i say ima go hunting around the people i think that said this they wanna go to the spot i told them i shot the bucks at.. begging me really. well it sucks
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Jealousy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.