HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Jealousy
Thread: Jealousy
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 05:57 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Jealousy

I went into my bow shop 3 weeks ago……and as I was leaving…..the owner told me…”Jeff….I’m not saying you’re doing anything wrong….but I thought I’d tell you…some guys are talking to the game warden about people hunting within the parks system….and your name was mentioned”.

I WENT OFF.

He couldn’t understand why I got so upset (if I wasn’t doing anything wrong????)…..and I explained it this way. I asked him if he’d be upset if I walked down to the corner restaurant and told everyone he was cheating on his wife. Why should he be upset….if he wasn’t doing anything wrong?????

I have a parks system that NO ONE can hunt, legally, as a man-made breakline DIRECTLY adjacent to the properties I hunt. I am the ONLY person that has access to these properties…..and if someone were hunting within the parks system….they’d be stepping on MY toes. I’m the greatest ally the game warden has!

This smells of PURE jealousy. I, like Germ, will NEVER have another photo of ANY deer I ever shoot at the bow shop, again…..nor will they ever know if I harvest another whitetail deer. I’ll never tell, again.

In my second year of hunting whitetails…..I harvested 5. If you asked me to be honest….I ran into some jealousy on this board with my success, this season. That’s the way I saw it.

No one wants to believe that hard work sometimes pays off.