Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jealousy

Old 01-10-2007, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jealousy

There all wanna bees Greg.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 AM

I hate that jealousy, I'm always happy for my friends and other hunters who bag a deer, I always congratulate them.

My neighbor who saw my doe I shot with a rifle, compared my deer to his dog, saying it was really small and I shouldn't have shot it. He must just bejealous, becauseI was actually out hunting for that deer when I shot it, not sitting over a corn pile in my backyard, likehis family does. [:'(]
Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

GUYS, I 've thaught about this one really well. I think this can be one of the hardests sports out there. The amount of time in the field is outrageous, If sitting in your stand was considered practice.....than you could litterally spend your whole life never getting a satisfactory deer!
Some punk kid who doesn't know squat can walk out in the woods, see a pope and young, miss with the first arrow, knock another and shoot so low it hits him in the femeral right above his knee, killing him within 100 yds!
The point is that punk nosed lucky basket was my step brother. I spend litterally months in the woods,read,eat,watch,research,and dream about bucks every single day?all year long!
And he shoots the biggest buck I'll probably ever see in person, on my connections land...........
[hr]

But I can't see why anyone would be jealous? It's just a Game is'nt it?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is a good question, and i agree i think jealously is a major factor in deer hunting. The way i see it is people for some reason have to justify why certain hunters always manage to kill larger deer than the majority of people ever even see out in the woods. The jealous hunters figure that they are working really hard and they never even get a glimpse at the same caliber animal that the "lucky cheat" hunter gets every year so he must be doing something illegal right? I have seen it alot where i hunt. I got to know a guy this season who was always being questioned about how he gets his deer. The reason he gets monsters every year is simple, this guy goes above and beyond what anyone else will do. He lives and sleeps in the woods every free second he gets. Hard work pays off and as we all know, most people are lazy and want the world but arent willing to work for it.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

The opposite of Envy (jealousy) is Charity (giving). It's so easy to Give...it's like shooting a bow! It just takes practice and you'll become proficient doing it! What's that adage, "you have to give alittle to get alittle".

I toohave experienced many of the things being presented here. I, to a degree, feel the same way as Germ when it comes to posting pictures. However, I've learned to deal with it a different way. I keep two war chests-one is full, the other is empty. One chest is filled with success and the other is filled with failure. I make it a point to demonstrate my humanness more than my godlyness. I like being thought of as an ordinary "joe". It seems to work. Thewolves are keep at bay and I can work just as hard as ever doing what I love to do (HUNT)...no questions asked.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:05 AM

[/align]I have heard the acusations befor and I know those people are just exsposing thier insecuritys.If I look at it that way I just smile,it's better then getting mad.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It isn't just deer hunting, it is every aspect of life. If you get a promotion at work there is that percentage who will talk behind your back about how you didn't deserve it, just like if you shoot a deer. I have people all the time try to make fun of me about all the hunting trips I go on saying that my dad must be paying for me, etc. I pay my own way because I am financially responsible and I design my budget so that I can afford to. I certainly don't make a lot of money. However, those who are not responsible and blow their money at the strip clubs or on ebay want to whine about it and say it isn't fair. No matter what aspect of life you analyze, you will find that if you excell at it there will be jealousy from those who are not as successful. I have come to the conclusion that if people are being nasty due to their jealousy, it just means that I am doing well.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never understood this either. My best friend is one of those guys that just has a knack for killing deer. He has 5-6 P&Y bucks on hist wall along with some other nice bucks and I couldn't be happier for him, bit it kills my older bro'. Everytime that we go to his house my bro come out of there green all of the way through, he can't stand it.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, to understand jealousy you have to understand his twin brother...GREED. The reason a lot of people are jealous is because they want what others have, they aren't satisfied with what they have. They have to justify to themselves why they don't have what you have, and the easiest way for them to do so is to assume you didn't get it fairly. That way they don't feel their lacking is due to their own short comings. It's the same with class envy. People without are jealous of those that have and so they assume that the other person must have gained it through illegal or unethical methods so that they don't have to face the fact that either 1. they are lazy, 2. aren't as skilled/intelligent/gifted as the other person, 3. made poor choices, 4. made good choices but aren't satisfied with the consequences of their choices (in other words, they may have a job they enjoy and are good at but it's NEVER going to pay the kind of money they apparently really desire).
Up until the end of this year I used to hunt a piece of land which was covered in deer. We hunted about 400 acres in a very rural area. We were surrounded by literally thousands of acres that others had access to hunt. Two hunt clubs and a couple of unofficial groups of hunters hunted the properties around us. This place has 100's of deer, I've seen 100 in one day. Every piece of land holds some deer. You can literally be standing by your truck on a field eating lunch and talking and have deer run you over. The two hunt clubs use dogs but we and the other "unofficial" groups don't. I can't tell you how many conflicts we've had, or the other groups have had. Seems hundreds of deer aren't enough for everyone. I've had stands tossed out of trees, guys trying to start fights and game wardens called on us. Which is funny considering we are the only ones not illegally hunting on the roads. The hunt club hates us because we shoot deer from the woods while they run around in their trucks chasing the dogs. Human nature. It sucks some times.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

yep, don't surprise me any. No one can every 'just be good at something' in some peoples eyes.

Quick Reply: Jealousy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.