Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fingers & compound >

Fingers & compound

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fingers & compound

Old 12-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Fingers & compound

ORIGINAL: bowman15

Let me ask this to those finger shooters out there; is a one-cam bow good for finger-shooters?
It can be, it just depends on the feel you like with regards to valley, wall and draw. I wouldn't say it is any harder, just different. I prefer a dual cam system for fingers though personally. I also like Oneida or Oneida type actions (break over limb design like Monster bows) for fingers too, and they give you an even different feel than the cam systems. You just have to shoot them all to find whay you like.
Old 12-21-2006, 07:27 AM

compounds are high tech bows, they are designed to shoot best with a release - kinda like buying a Ferrari and never driving it over 30 mph .......
Old 12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buster T

compounds are high tech bows, they are designed to shoot best with a release - kinda like buying a Ferrari and never driving it over 30 mph .......
With all due respect, although the majority of short a-2-a bows may be shot best with a release, that can't be entirely true for all compounds, otherwise manufactures wouldn't advertise certain compounds as having been "designed with the finger or target shooter in mind". Case in point, the ad for the new Hoyt Montega:

MONTEGA™: Longer bows have always been known for their inherent accuracy and forgiving feel, making them the choice of many target archers and non-release aid bowhunters. If you’re this type of shooter, you’ve come to the right place. Introducing the all-new Montega. At 45½ inches axle-to-axle and nearly 9 inches of brace height, the Montega is smoothness at its finest. Choose the Wheel & 1/2 for a more “spongy” wall, or the original Cam & 1/2 for a harder wall. Montega. Where advanced technology meets traditional comfort.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I shoot a Hoyt that is 47" axle to axle. The longer the better if you are going to shoot fingers. Wouldn't get a very radical cam either. The cam & 1/2 is what's on mine and it's perfect. With that said the longer bows suck for ground blind hunting. Unless you are using one of the taller blinds on the market.

MC
Old 12-21-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Reason I asked is because my wife shoots fingers and I wanted to get her that Browning Micro Midas. I think it's a one-cam bow. I know I liked cams when I shot fingers, but I don't know if she'll like it or not. I wanted to surprise her with it for Christmas.

One way to find out!