Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Compound Bowhunters who use fingers >

Compound Bowhunters who use fingers

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Compound Bowhunters who use fingers

Old 05-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Compound Bowhunters who use fingers

I was just wondering what kind of arrow rest you guys use for hunting. Seems like I always go back to the flipper rest after expermenting with others , so I was just wondering , what type of rest do you use for hunting only? I"m not really crazy about the flipper but it is consistant and rugged, but It would be nice if it had a plunger button on it. I just refletched all my shafts and went from a radical 5" left helical to a very slight helical to avoid the interference that the bottom fletch has as this is the one that gets the most abuse as it rides againt the flipper itself. Would a 4" fletch be less interference? Thanks for any imput, Bobby
Old 05-30-2004, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Compound Bowhunters who use fingers

thats what i use i don't fletch my own so they what ever they come with . fingers are the best way to go
Old 05-30-2004, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bob, I refletch my shafts every season b/c I don't like the fletching jobs that I have seen on a lot of shafts, besides if I happen to rip one off, I can replace it and be shooting with it again come tomorrow.
A.., thanks for the e-mail, here is one of the arrows that I shoot, it is typical of all my other shafts . Keep in mind that I am L.H. and the wear the bottom hen feather has after a years time of shooting. I trimmed the wire that (the arrow rest on) back so that it doesn't stick beyond the shaft and will experiment in raising the knocking up. I think in making these adjustments along with re-fletching my shafts with not quite so radical of a helical that it will get a lot better arrow flight. I'll let you know after I get done fletching these up. Later ole man, Bobby

Old 05-30-2004, 02:20 PM

I use a GKF Huntmaster 2000.