Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping Landowners happy >

Keeping Landowners happy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping Landowners happy

Old 12-16-2006, 07:12 PM

Default RE: Keeping Landowners happy

My family owns quite a bit of land so we understand what landowners go through.We also own a bit ourselves. Because of this we always make it a priority to take care of those who allow us to hunt their land.Ithasbeen enjoyable and fun to hear what others do for their landowners.There are a lot of really cool and responsible people on this forum and this thread just confirms how awesome thebowhunters on this site are. It is an amazing privilege to hunt other peoples landand it MUST be handed as such. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your land.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:29 PM

Thanks! My husband is busy farming with his dad on all the different tracts. For here we are considered large farmers, 1200 acres total, but it's spread out in a 50 mile radius. Not easy to keep up with. Folks we know in the area have kids and relatives that do hunt. We usually have to know them to grant access. It helps us keep "unwanted" folks out by letting someone we trust hunt. It's funny, the ones we let hunt, they come to us and complain about trespassers now. We just tell them "we gave it to you to hunt this year...handle it!" Now they understand what we deal with. We have had a handful of lawsuits against us for someone getting hurt on our property. It makes you wary. With all our farm land, we actually lease a place 3 counties over to have an uninterrupted hunt. We are in the middle of the urban sprawl in NC.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't read through all the reponses,and I'm sure it's been mentioned... but definitely include them on your Christmas card list.

I also show up in the spring and offer to help work assembling grain bins, work on combines, or anything else I can do. I take them deer meat any time they get low as well, and I had my main landowner and his wife over for grilled backstraps this fall.