Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Keeping Landowners happy >

Keeping Landowners happy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Keeping Landowners happy

Old 12-10-2006, 06:05 PM

Default Keeping Landowners happy

It seems like land is harder and harder to come by. Hardcore and I own a bit, and then we hunt some land that we don't own. The land that we don't own is in a very desirable location, so we are always trying to keep our landowner happy, he heats his house with wood, so every year we get a few loads of wood to his house. Today was the day that we went out and cut a few pickup trucks full of wood. Our landowner was very happy. He only allows us to hunt his land and we are very thankful! Here are some pictures of our day, Hardcore cuts and I load. I am TIRED tonight. Who knew hunting could be so hard. Anyway, just wondered what you'all did to preserve your land to hunt on?

Old 12-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Banned

Default RE: Keeping Landowners happy

You forgot about the 4 packs of hot pepper cheese deersticks we gave him and the 4 beers he "made" us drink with him tonight.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Amen hoytgirl and a great reminder to us all.

I keep my landowner in bologna from my harvests not to mention I pay for all the seed etc for the food plots I plant not only for myself but for him. I took him out on his land yesterday for rifle.

He's afraid of heights so I set stands to accomadate that. Yesterday after the hunt we were talking and he thanked ME, I was flattered, he told me if it weren't for me, he'd give up hunting. The last buck he shot that hangs on his wall, (only one) I pushed to him.

I try to take care of him, I love the spot and have exclusiveness as well.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:12 PM

hoytgirl

You don't look like you have been working THAT hard.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

By the way your truck has Germ code in it I did the code for testing the transmission, good luck!!!
Nice job cutting wood!!! I do the same for my Dad, Hoyt Girl the picture could be a posters. It is

HCH I do not know how you pulled it off[&:]
Old 12-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually give the landowner a deer or 2. He is part Indian but doesn't hunt and won't eat beef. Between me and the kids we usually have a deer or two to spare, but this year the kids didn't fare well so I had to stiff the guy.

I told him I'd make some jerky for him. He understood about the deer. Said someone else gave him a couple.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Banned

LOL Germ the truck has been excellent except the damn tranny went 2 yrs ago on my way back from a Canadian bear hunt; nowI know why.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Amen hoytgirl and a great reminder to us all.

I keep my landowner in bologna from my harvests not to mention I pay for all the seed etc for the food plots I plant not only for myself but for him. I took him out on his land yesterday for rifle.

He's afraid of heights so I set stands to accomadate that. Yesterday after the hunt we were talking and he thanked ME, I was flattered, he told me if it weren't for me, he'd give up hunting. The last buck he shot that hangs on his wall, (only one) I pushed to him.

I try to take care of him, I love the spot and have exclusiveness as well.
That is really awesome that you helped him get a buck!!!!!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

LOL Germ the truck has been excellent except the damn tranny went 2 yrs ago on my way back from a Canadian bear hunt; nowI know why.
Oh Snap!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Why I own a Ford and a Dodge!!!
I could tell some stories about what we did not count to get the reject rate down, LOL

Quick Reply: Keeping Landowners happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.