Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Don't forget your landowners!! >

Don't forget your landowners!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Don't forget your landowners!!

Old 01-21-2004, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Don't forget your landowners!!

Just a little reminder/tip to you all that I thought of today. If any of you are in a situation like me. I hunt a few different pieces of land by permission from landowners. I don't actually own any land that I hunt on. I spent the morning shoveling out driveways and sidewalks.
It's easy to put them in the back of your mind in the off season, but if you make an effort to do something for them year round, you'll have a hunting place for years to come.
I hunt the majority of the time on 1 piece of land and that's where I put most of my effort. The landowner is an older gentleman and really apprectiates and looks forward to seeing me. I try to stop by at least every couple weeks and do something for him. Shovel, pick up fallen limbs, clean up the roadside, etc...........
Let them know how much you apprecitate them letting you hunt on their land. Dont' just show up or call the week before the season opens. Hunting is a year round sport, so taking care of the landowner and the premises should be too!!

Just my .02 that I thought I'd pass on.
Old 01-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Don't forget your landowners!!

good post i know it slips our minds sometimes, but this can go along way in getting and keeping hunting ground
Old 01-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have a small piece of Land to hunt on but Two other landowners who border me provide me with about 9000 acres of good deer hunting. I am getting them each a new Leupold scope this year. I am also going to help them repair the old hunting camp. Some new windows and re-roof the place.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:23 PM

you hit the nail on the head ny. We let several people hunt on our place and even though we do not expect it, we always appreciate a package of steak or a bottle of wine. It makes for a better relationship between u and the landowner and they will be sure to remember you for next year.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good post,will drop off my thank you tomorrow!
Old 01-23-2004, 02:00 AM

Never forget! going to go do some carpentry on his garage this weekend.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:32 AM

One landowner I hunt with gets half of my deer since he is also my butcher, even if I shot them on my land.

The other landowner I have a deal with, I watch his lake and dam, he let's me fish and hunt. Not a bad deal for 460 acres next to 3,000 acres public land, plus 40 acre lake. There is a hunting club there also with 24 guys so I have to share. I hunt there in the early and late season and let them have some fun during rifle.

I also mow around the lake on my side and the owner loves it. This insipred him to actually clear some woods near me plus weed wack around the lake.

I'm the envy of many people near me since I have permission while they have to sneak there to fish.

T