Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta... NOT the hard way >

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Old 12-09-2006, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Tred barta is a joke!! everyone thinks he is so amazing for shooting a goose and a duck out of the air with his bow...big deal..he shot hundreds of arrows at them before he actually hit one. and the episode i saw him shoot a goose, he didn't even hit the goose he was aiming for..he was all luck..anybody who has the time and is willing to throw 300 arrows into the air could shoot one too..and he is way way way tooo cocky about how he hunts. he thinks his way is the only way...that drives me crazy!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: huntboy3181

Tred barta is a joke!! everyone thinks he is so amazing for shooting a goose and a duck out of the air with his bow...big deal..he shot hundreds of arrows at them before he actually hit one. and the episode i saw him shoot a goose, he didn't even hit the goose he was aiming for..he was all luck..anybody who has the time and is willing to throw 300 arrows into the air could shoot one too..and he is way way way tooo cocky about how he hunts. he thinks his way is the only way...that drives me crazy!!!
It depends on your frame of reference. For me it reminds me of the stories in the book "The witchery of Archer" by Maurice Thompson. I think he was just plagiarizing a bit.I didn't see the episode though. Great book! Also talks about making equipment just like Howard Hills books. You come to your own conclusions.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

I`ll give him props for shooting a stick and a string as apposed to my compound,that is definately something I need to pick back up
Anyone see the show where he was hunting for a mule deer doe?I know he wounded at least one and I think it was more and missed outright at leat 15 times before getting one. His guide told him to expect longer shots because of terrian etc. He said he needed shots around 15 yards then all the sudden he's poking and hoping out to 30-35 yards with his home made arrows and bow. Ranges he had not praticed for.

Old 12-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the longer shots would make it even harder! Ethics be damned as long as he does it the hard way. Hes a blowhard!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think he would have been alot better off listening to what someone who hunts the area(guide) had to say and showed up prepared to hunt,maybe even picking upa compound.

Did really enjoy his grizzly show.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:58 AM

Anyone see the show where he was hunting for a mule deer doe?I know he wounded at least one and I think it was more and missed outright at leat 15 times before getting one. His guide told him to expect longer shots because of terrian etc. He said he needed shots around 15 yards then all the sudden he's poking and hoping out to 30-35 yards with his home made arrows and bow. Ranges he had not praticed for.
He didn't miss that doe. He hit at 15 yards and searched all day for it. Never recovered the doe. Are you all saying you have never lost a wounded animal?? He hit the bedded doe at less than 20 yards. Not 35. The bow is not of his making. It isfrom Fox archery. His arrows are cedar shatfs that he finishes and tips with a Wensel Woodsman.

Yes, he has an ego. He'll be the first to tell you that. Whata lot of you are missing is the message he is trying to send. He hunts the hard way, no electronic crap, no scent elimination clothing, no spray, no hi tech gizmo's. Just his bow, arrow and playing the wind. Like it was when Saxon Pope and Art Young roamed the California woods with Ishi. Both learning the skill and art of traditional archery from the last savage man to walk the U.S. Or like Maurice and William Thompson stalking and hunting their prey in the Florida everglades with nothing but their home made bows and quivers filled witharrows.

What he is propmoting is getting back to your most basic human nature. To be a woodsman and a hunter. To hone your hunting skills, andnot rely on the latest crap sold at Cabelas. I switched to traditional archery years ago. Got rid of the compound and tree stands. I hunt from the ground or wear mocossins, made from my own deer harvest, to stalk my animals. It is hard! But the reward of a harvest is 100 fold. Improving my hunting skills is the biggest reward. No scent stuff. No crap from this doe pee or buck spray company. Just baking soda to wash my hunting clothes and hang them on a line outside to dry. Store them with oak leaves, acornsand dirt for a cover scent.

My harvests have dropped but, when my home made cedar arrow hits its mark and the harvest complete, I give the Lord a big thumbs up and a thank you for allowing me the experience of a hunt.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I said he wounded one and missed a bunch of other ones and he did shoot out side the range he said he practiced at. He had something like 35 stalks and took a bunch of shots on them.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Just went to another site and read an old thread on Ted it was 18 misses one wounded and one killed.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

BusterT, WRONG!!! I have 7 Stick Bows and have taken every thing from P&Y size Field Mice to Black Bear with them, So your statement about not respecting someone just because thay shoot a stick, Is Because thay never tried it, is at best, an assumption on your part. And nodog, I under stand what your saying about it just being a shtick or gemic, But when some Blabber Mouth comes on national TV, and starts giving the ANTI FREAKS ammo to take one of my hunting privileges away, he is no longer a brother bowhunter, but one of the enemy. He will get no resepct from me! Also if someone out there wants to send me 20,000.00 I will send you a video me me letting the air out of a Grizzz. And dont even get me started on the hollyer than thou, Traditional vs Compound Crap. This pot aint big enough for my stick to fit in!!!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I personally enjoy his show most of the time (except the pig stabbing).

He is an arrogant a-hole. But I like watching him hunt. And as far as a "guide", it's always the same buddy every show, no matter where they hunt. I'm not sure that's really a guide - more like a partner.

I'd rather watch Tred any day over that crap I saw on Versus last night.
These guys in Texas were hunting in a Pen over a huge kiddie pool filled with corn. Made me want to smash my TV. I'd take Tred and his fair chase any day over that high fence BS.
Old 12-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I almost hate to admit this being the thread starter and all but I do respect the fact that his hunts are fair chase.

Quick Reply: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.