Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta... NOT the hard way >

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Old 12-16-2006, 04:52 PM

Default RE: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

Oh, I know trad equipment can be shot effectively at 20yds, I also KNOW FOR A FACT that you can not go dig out that recurve and put 6 arrows in a baseball at 20 yds... 6 out of 100 maybe.... lol....

The truth is there are very few people that can shoot groups like that CONSISTENTLY with barebow trad equipment. And those that can must constantly shoot and work on form and they are also world class shooters...Sure, I've shot groups at 25 yds that had all arrows touching, but that is not realistic of my abilities...

No trad elitism from me, heck my recurve is an old Hoyt Proline compound riser with Hoyt Olympic limbs.... That's about as compound as you can get without the wheels.. The original post that all this started from was basically stating that maintaining 20yd accuracy with a barebow recurve and a tricked out compound are like night and day.. In fact, they are entirely different disciplines.. You either recognize that or you don't.
Now that I'll agree with.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I find using the right tool for the job most productive for me.I use a wheel bow for deer,i use mechanicals for big blood trails and fast recovery.The stick bow is for shooting rabbits,and birds.I cant say ive ever seen his show,my tv.blew up 3 mos. ago and i havent gotten arround to getting another.You traditional fanatics can throw rocks at me and my wheel bow all day long if you want to.Thats the tool im using.I learned a long time ago that a 4 pound hammer is easier to carry and you may look good carrying it, but when its time to move a 1200 pound steel beam 2 inches,Ya better have an 8 pounder on that belt!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

You have to admit Tred does do it the hard way. He makes it as hard as possible for the animal to die a quick humane death. That show last night proved it. He was winging arrows a running animals hopeing to connect anywhere. No props for Mr. Barta from me.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:20 AM

I have only watched 1 episode which was the caribou hunt. I hope to never watch another minute of his show again. How can they actually let this guy do that on TV? There are many things I would like to say about Tred Barta and where he is from but I will bite my cheek.

Old 12-17-2006, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw the caribou show. the HARD way is knowing enough to let running game pass especially at 40- 50 yards. for me thats just marginal shooting at best even if you practice.he also ripped on the hunters that start off with the bow and end a show with a gun. i got news for you if im on a week hunt spending thousands by the 4th day whats wrong with saying you tried your best with the bow now lets fill the freezer. i do like his show. he-s shtick for sure and on our side so maybe he will learn from his mistakes and keep it at 20 yards if that is his limit .
Old 12-17-2006, 08:38 AM

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i saw the caribou show. the HARD way is knowing enough to let running game pass especially at 40- 50 yards. for me thats just marginal shooting at best even if you practice.ha also ripped on the hunters that start off with the bow and end a show with a gun. i got news for you. if im on a week hunt spending thousands by the 4th day whats wrong with saying you tries your best now lets fill the freezer.
during that show he must have hail mary'd about 3 or 4 shots at those caribou.. Not once did ever mention to try and retrieve his arrow so it would not harm anyone or anything. I guarantee he just left them there.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:47 AM

So the guy has a TV show of him walking around with his guide, slinging arrows 50 yds. at running animals, while thumping his chest yelling,"DOIN' IT THE HARD WAY!!!!!" ????

And every once in a while he'll actually kill one of these animals, at which point he becomes an even bigger 'expert'???
Old 12-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I'm glad I missed that show, as I stated befor, Istoped watching him after Iseen the Black BEAR show. He rode around the coast of Alaska till thay spotted a Bear, jumps out, shoots it, then starts Blabbering about the Barta Way, the Hard way, (And I could care less if he wants to toot his own horn) But when he took the time on National TV, to directly assult Bear Hunters that bait, by stateing it was Unethical, Unsportsman like, and should not be considerd Hunting, And after all the time and Money we had to spend in this state to keep the anti's from takeing our Bear season away, I wil not help support such a Blabbering IDIOT!!! He won't last long.