Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta... NOT the hard way >

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Old 12-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

If nothing else he has my sympothy,the poor guys name is tred-probobly named after his uncles ted and fred.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

His most outrageous show was the caribou hunt where he made a statement. You got to get close, 20 yards. Later on he makes a statement about shooting at 5 and all were misses out to 50 yards and beyond. I saw him shoot at one of them running at probably 65 yards. He almost hit the same province the caribou was in.
Old 12-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one thing I don't like about Barta - when he just starts flinging arrows on a prayer. I'd rather see him not shoot at all than fling one 3 times farther than his effective range.

I still think he's pretty awesome. When I saw him stalk to within 15 yards of that huge brown bear and drill him with the longbow through the lungs I was impressed.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

hes ok. but i dont like the fact he hunts bear.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Dominant Buck

qzq.... that wasn't a HUGE brown bear. It was a juvenille. They said 7 feet, but I don't believe that for a minute. He was just a pup.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have sent many a Judo points through many a fuzzy Bunnies, dose that bother you?
Old 12-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

qzq.... that wasn't a HUGE brown bear. It was a juvenille. They said 7 feet, but I don't believe that for a minute. He was just a pup.
You're right.The bear that he stalked within 15 yards and center punched the lungs with his longbow was not very big.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

BusterT, WRONG!!! I have 7 Stick Bows and have taken every thing from P&Y size Field Mice to Black Bear with them, So your statement about not respecting someone just because thay shoot a stick, Is Because thay never tried it, is at best, an assumption on your part. And nodog, I under stand what your saying about it just being a shtick or gemic, But when some Blabber Mouth comes on national TV, and starts giving the ANTI FREAKS ammo to take one of my hunting privileges away, he is no longer a brother bowhunter, but one of the enemy. He will get no resepct from me! Also if someone out there wants to send me 20,000.00 I will send you a video me me letting the air out of a Grizzz. And dont even get me started on the hollyer than thou, Traditional vs Compound Crap. This pot aint big enough for my stick to fit in!!!!!
Cool!
20 g's. Have you tried ebay?

I've never seen the guy so I can't say if he hurts the sport or not anymore than any other, but I can say this, I don't think any show on tv is helping an anti become a hunters friend. I could be wrong. They are money driven and as long as they cash in, so be it. They can come on tv later with some sob story of how they were wrong and now since they have kids or what ever of their own how they would have done things different. Or how they were into drugs and did things with their women or their wives. All the while living in the spoils of their past and people will feel sorry for them and think how wonderful they are. They'll write books about them and have book signings.

I think people need to turn the thing off and stop letting it run their lives.

Your life sounds pretty full. I'll be looking for that video (you'd think for 20 g's it would at least be a dvd) when the price drops a little.

Here's a funny story. A guys in a room talking to a bunch of hunters. He asks how many are traditionist. Many raise their hands, so he starts narrowing things down to find out who the real ones are. In the end one guy is left and he's a rough looking charactor. The guy asks hows the hunting? He admits, not all that good,some small critters, but hasn't taken anything large for a while.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

I think old Ted can hunt with the best of them. I've hunted geese from a blind with a bow and its no easy feat even if they get a lot of opportunities.
But I tend to be turned off by people who seem to be full of themselves, and that he seems to be. So I don't like the show or him.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 12-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

who saw him set that record, with that pope and young bear taken with his bow, pretty impressive

Quick Reply: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.