Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 May have done something really dumb..... >

May have done something really dumb.....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

May have done something really dumb.....

Old 12-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Dominant Buck

Default May have done something really dumb.....

I'm picking my Allegiance up, today.....and I want to hunt with it, Saturday. I might have really done something dumb, though. I took all my hardware off the Switchback that I'm putting on the Allegiance. I have an indoor range I can shoot at.....and my ladder stand.....so I hope I won't have any issues. If I do....I won't hunt, but thinking about it.....it was likely pretty dumb.

I hope not.....

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: May have done something really dumb.....

Can you not shoot it at your house just to get a good idea of where it is shooting from the ground?
Old 12-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

It shouldn't take you to long to shoot in a 20 yards pin so just limit your shot selection.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:22 AM

Did the same thing with my Darton when I was picking up my Vectrix....
Now, I have one bow that is still breaking in and untuned, and another bow that has only a sight on it and nothing else...

Note to EVERYONE buying a new bow this year...make sure your backup is ready to rock, just in case you have tuning issues with your new bow.

All too often, we get caught up in the moment, and want to get in the woods ASAP with our new bow and get some veinson under our belts. Not ethical, not fair. Take the time to tune, practice, and be confortable. Remember, if you cant take a ethical shot you are 100% about, you shouldnt be taking the shot.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:22 AM

Jeff I hope you don't have any tuning issues. I would have waited until after the season to make the switch but that's just me. Hopefully everything goes well for you and there are no problems. I personally believe no matter how good a bow feels in my hand from the moment I bring it home, it still will take some time to be comfortable with it. But one thing you have going for you is that you have been shooting and keeping your skills up unlike some guys who don't shoot all year and then 2 days before the opener decide to buy a new bow and take a dozen shots with it just to site it in and say they are ready to hunt. I'm sure you'll be fine Jeff.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gutshot

It shouldn't take you to long to shoot in a 20 yards pin so just limit your shot selection.
Agreed...just get it setup properly and it shouldn't take you too much time!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

I have the luxury of the shop (2-1/2 miles form the house), shop owner and an indoor dot range and an indoor 3D range at my disposal. I also have a ladder stand at my house. I don't think I'll have any issues, either....but it wasn't the smartest thing I've done all year.

Thanks for the votes of confidence. If I can't get it right....I won't hunt. I've had a WONDERFUL season.

Jeff
Old 12-06-2006, 07:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Going to be touchy with that bowtech[8D]

Ross is ready to go out of box!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 AM

It sounds like you have got everything you need to get that bow shooting right.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I have the luxury of the shop (2-1/2 miles form the house), shop owner and an indoor dot range and an indoor 3D range at my disposal. I also have a ladder stand at my house. I don't think I'll have any issues, either....but it wasn't the smartest thing I've done all year.

Thanks for the votes of confidence. If I can't get it right....I won't hunt. I've had a WONDERFUL season.

Jeff
That was going to be my point, I doubt you have any trouble especially the way you shot my Allegiance...but of course I set that one up. [8D] Seriously, you've got a great shop, and can shoot. You'll be fine.