Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 little ones make big ones >

little ones make big ones

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

little ones make big ones

Old 11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: little ones make big ones

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

I have got to say it is enjoyable being on the outside looking in on these threads these days....

I learned a couple years ago you get no where debating AR'sor QDMwith Atlas. As I am sure he feels the same with us on the other side of the coin...

I am sure he is a fine personas well as anethical hunter who is passionate about our pastime...... Which I believe isthe most important and what huntingis all about.

I really do hope his time and efforts are rewarded with a good buck. He deserves one as much as anyone else....

[/align]
I agree he loves hunting and that is what counts, I hope he shoots a big one too, wait there are none[&:]
Old 11-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Guys you want to come beat your heads against a wall, you should come to a PA only board I visit. Those guys make atlasman look like Grant Woods.
oh know come to MI just as good, LOL
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Dominant Buck

Do you guys think some add the spread credit????

Jeff
Old 11-29-2006, 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Guys you want to come beat your heads against a wall, you should come to a PA only board I visit. Those guys make atlasman look like Grant Woods.

Do tell! I'd love to be a fly on the wall!
Old 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Do you guys think some add the spread credit????

Jeff
Yes I do, it is very confusing if you never have scored one.

Rob I can make a score sheet webform for you. We put in the numbers and it adds it up. If you want we can do this. I will need some help from justin. We could have a DB and you just do nothing but look it over.

Free of charge, let me know
Old 11-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

My contest entry is edited... Page 5 if anyone wants to check it out and call me a liar

Hey Germ check out this link... It already adds everything up for you....

http://www.luckybuck.org/index8824.html
Old 11-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes I know, what I am saying is do the same think here, we have our own at HNI.

Team name and PW, select you and enter the scores off a sheet. We add it up and enter. We also have a score(total all teams)sheet update when this happens. Does everything on the fly, and Rob is drinking beer with Jeff's wife.

Justine will need to host the page and we will need a SQL DB Instance.
Contest would run itself!!
Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

GregH.... If my post was as bad as all that, then it should be simple for you to correct me on a point by point rebuttal. I invite you to do so.

Those prominent whitetail biologists are publishing studies that were paid for by...Who? Do they not work for ranches that are totally gone over to QDM? Are they not in QDMfor the sole purpose of increasing antler size? Isn't the sole purpose of increasing antler size so they can demand even higher prices for hunting on those ranches?

Are you talking real science or are you talking superfluous propaganda in the interest of generating $$$$?

I have to look to see where their paychecks come from before I believe any published study. You know as well as I do that the ARF'ers have paid biologists to put out studies that show hunting is bad for wildlife, so please don't tell me you accept any wildlife study without question!

Aurther, I would love top to p rebutle with you, except I don't know how to do that kind of thing on my computor. Atlas has it down best of all.

Let meask you something. What is your mature buck experience? Like how many have you seen this season in one area? Do you keep records?

I know what Atlas's mature buck experience is, that's why his comments are mainly irrelevant.

My experience is 20 yrs of record keeping, 15 mature bucks taken in 15 seasons (not one per year). This season I've had 25 mature buck sightings from 11 different bucks (there'll be more). I know how many does, fawns and immature bucks there arealso. How many points and what their scores are. I study deer herds, I've seen from nearly perfect to the worst.

The reason I ask about mature buck experience is because if you don't have hardly any sightings of bucks that are 3 1/2 and older, how are you going to say what age structure that your deer herd is. Fact, there 3 1/2 year old bucks in every herd. There has to be a mature buck somewhere for that herd. Those little bucks got there somehow.

I don't know what your experience is. How can I dicuss herd dynamics with someone who doesn't know what their herd structure is? Do you know what yours is? If so, what is it?

Thanks
Old 11-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds good to me Germ, but it's all about Justin, whose Justine? lol

Even the part of drinking beer with Jeff's wife, (Jeff don't read that part)

I'll see if I can find my score sheet but hell, everyone thought mine should be bigger, not smaller..LOL

I could list the ones I want to see broken down but I won't.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I could list the ones I want to see broken down but I won't.

Quick Reply: little ones make big ones

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.