Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Nailed by the Game Warden >

Nailed by the Game Warden

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Nailed by the Game Warden

Old 11-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nailed by the Game Warden

ORIGINAL: muley69

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it??Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
I totally disagree with this reply . His friend was doing something illegal and got caught . He should take it like a man instead of pouting about anything being unfair ! Hunting without a license is TRIVIAL ? Get real . It's a crime called poaching ...............
Old 11-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

suck it up pay the fine and move on you were in the wrong for lying to the warden
Old 11-26-2006, 05:02 PM

Facing no penalty would make it legal junior, if you lack the intellectual capacity to understand the crux of my post, don't waste my time arguing moot points. Join the rest of the lemmings in feeling it's alright to lose private proprty via government confinscation over trivial matters. Now go drink some kool-aid and study your history.

LMAO!!!!!! Who looked up them big words for you?? [:'(]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Site Buck Guru

Muley, you got any Kool-Aid?? I'm parched.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Muley, maybe you should find out this guys name, and where he lives. I am sure you guys could become friends, and maybe start hunting together, you obviously have the same mentality as he does.

Its funny, yu were doing everything you could to save your friiendship, and not rat your FRIEND out, but what was he doing to save it??Everyone is right, yu did wrong, now fessup and pay up. You are lucky that yu didnt lose your bow,truck, and your hunting privilege for a couple of years. I think I would be finiding a new friend.
This post right here is exactly whats wrong with this country today. No, you shouldn't consider yourself lucky, you should be outraged that any government agency can confinscate private property for something as trivial as a buddy not having a license. Wardens are some of the most outlandish people in law enforcement. You are under no obligation to say anything to the warden and did good by not being a freakin rat, which is even lower then hunting w/o a license. Too many people are willing to sell there neighbor out to the feds etc.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:36 PM

I say you got off lite. It could have been much worse, How you might say.... Loss of hunting rights for some time and or criminal charges and yes jail time. Count your blessings, lick your wounds and keep ethics wuith you at all times. (stepping off the box)

Gene
Old 11-26-2006, 05:46 PM

Guys, please don't get this thread locked or worse deleted. This is a valuable lesson for fellow hunters to learn from. I'd hate to see it gone. My initial feeling of "damn I got stuck in the middle then got stiffed"quickly subsided and isno longer the feeling. Sometimes whena situation has freshly unfolded it takes a little time to sort everything out. That is what I intended to do here with your help. To those of you who helped put things into perspective for me without any personal attacks, I thank you. I'm a firm believer that one should in some way pay for his actions or specifically in my case, lack thereof.

There aresome things wrong with this country and one of them isthe lack of sufficient accountability. At the same time, another thing wrong is that too often, we are too quick to burn somebody alive for deeds unworthy. There is no patience or forgivness in our bittered hearts. Some of us jump at the opportunity to hang someone else but do not give full consideration to the extenuating circumstances surrounding. Some of us ride high on our horseschanting "no excuses, prosecute to the full extent of the law" and for those I ask: If you were caught doing 30 over on the highway and was offered a reduction in points taken, a lesser violation of 19 over thus saving you a trip to jail, in exchange for some type of community service and attending driver safety refresher courses, would you? Or would you say to the officer, no I want the maximum punishment? It's always much easier to judge someone from the outside looking in. I am not totally free of it myself but there is a certain level of hipocrisy in some of us that need to be dealt with. If you are offended by this thenthat is how you know you have something to deal with.

It was stated earlier that I did not wish to dispute the violation, rather that I would be inclined to take a lesser fine in exchange for some type of community service such as participating in some DNR related activity. Picking up trash along side ofthe highways that border the hunting gronds that the DNR patrols comes to mind. If something like this is deemed a cop out or not owning up to my responsibility then I wish not to speak to those who think so. Despite what a few may already have engraved in their heads, I am truly sorry for what has happened. Though I may be wrong,Ibelieve thatgiving back to the forest is more beneficial to the preservation of the sport of hunting than paying the full amount of the fine. Again, those of you with zero tolerance for evenpeople who are truly remorseful, you may slam your gavels now.
I think I have given this more heart-felt consideration than my buddy who actually hunted without a license but I know it aint worth jack to a few. I suppose it comes with the territory but it almost seems like I'm treated by those fewas ifI were amurderer. Not to downplay what has happened but I just wish everyone could see that I really am sorry for my lack of action.

Let my lesson be your own or just let it be.

Peace.

Old 11-26-2006, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: Ed McDonald

I totally disagree with this reply . His friend was doing something illegal and got caught . He should take it like a man instead of pouting about anything being unfair ! Hunting without a license is TRIVIAL ? Get real . It's a crime called poaching ...............
He didn't kill anything, so how is it poaching? It's hunting without a license, period. I am disappointed how many people completely misinterpeted my post. I am not condoning hunting w/o a license. I am not proposing some vast gov conspiracy as one idiot suggested. I am talking about having the mentallity that one is fortunate the did not lose private property for commiting a simple crime. It's about ridiculous over reaching law enforcement that everybody should be concerned with. You should not go to jail for poaching a freakin deer, you should not have your truck confinscated because your buddy didn't have a license, and it's alarming that you people seem ok with this. Whats even more alarming is to consider yourself lucky that none of the above happened. Maybe it's best that most of you guys just shut up and do what big brother tells you to do, or allows you to do.[:'(]
Old 11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im with Muley. Just because he was with his friend that didnt have a licence, he's supposed to have his truck taken away? What if he had no idea he didn't have a license?
Old 11-26-2006, 06:06 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmm

I think if you'd been up front with the Warden he'd STILL have given you the ticket because you were with a guy you knew was illegal - its fits the law

Take it up if you want to, it might work, the courts might find in your favore, but guilty you were, and not that I'm knocking you for it - I'd have probably done the same.

Quick Reply: Nailed by the Game Warden

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.