Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 i need some help with bows >

i need some help with bows

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need some help with bows

Old 11-24-2006, 08:13 PM

Default i need some help with bows

hey im adam im really knew to bows im buyin one for christmas im a tall guy with a 32 and 1/2 arm extension i wanna spend around 250 on a bow i dont know if i should get a long bow or a compound i dont know the difference between the two someone email me and tell me about bows cause im clueless [email protected]
Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 PM

Default RE: i need some help with bows

Well With s 32 inch draw you can get much much more spped then 250!

I would recommend the Mathews Switchback LD! LD is for long Draw! Great bow and made just for the people with the extra couple inches on there arm. You should check it out!
Old 11-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

I agree go with the switchback LD it wont disspoint you. Most ppl here will try to refer you to the crappy ole hoyts tho lol
Old 11-24-2006, 08:33 PM

he said he wants to spend 250 that matthews is gonna cost more than that i woud say a pse or parker i dont know any other bow for 250
Old 11-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

He says he wants to spend about $250, You wont get a Matthews for that. Go to a local Archery Shop and have them fit you with the proper draw length. They can show you bows in your price range. Stay away from Cabelas and Bass Pro. They mostly have salespeople that aren't all that knowledgable.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:55 PM

32.5" DL[:-]Sounds like you should be out playin a little B-Ball.
Old 11-25-2006, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

He says he wants to spend about $250, You wont get a Matthews for that. Go to a local Archery Shop and have them fit you with the proper draw length. They can show you bows in your price range. Stay away from Cabelas and Bass Pro. They mostly have salespeople that aren't all that knowledgable.
I beg to differ! Im a assitant manager in Bass Pro. I know alot of bows and work on them everyday!

On another note, i didnt realize you wanted to SPEND $250 I thought you said speed! LOL

Good Luck my friend!
Old 11-26-2006, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

$250.00 isn't going to get you much. You might get a bow for that, but that won't do you any good considering that you will spend that much on sight, rest, arrows, and all other accessories for it, up your price and get a decent bow instead of a cheap one, it will be worth it in the end, cause if you ask anyone here, you will be hooked for life, even if you never kill a deer, just shootin is awesome.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:38 AM

with a 32 and 1/2
did a pro shop measure you for that ?
first thing i would do is go to a pro shop have them measure your draw . then go from their . Parker makes a bow called the hunter mag . you could find a used one for that price.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: RyansTitan05

I beg to differ! Im a assitant manager in Bass Pro. I know alot of bows and work on them everyday!
Ryan I am not disagreeing about what you do or don't know about bows. But there are plenty of guys who work in the archery dept. at the BPS in OKC who don't know their a**hole from their elbow. They can cut arrows but if you need any "real" advice your better off going to a pro shop.