Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Checked by a Warden last night >

Checked by a Warden last night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Checked by a Warden last night

Old 11-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Checked by a Warden last night

I agree with the rest. A vast majority of GW's are great people, and don't abuse their power. I just wish there were more of them around here. I've only been checked, one time in my whole life. And I even hunt public lands every year.....
Old 11-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got checked once when I was bowfishing. Turned out he was curious and wanted to know more about bowfishing since he's seeing more people doing it in his area.

Great guy. We chatted a while, I gave him some tips on equipment and technique, and he gave me some contact names for getting new waters open to bowfishing and his personal cell phone #. Not bad.

I think they're usually good folks unless you give them reason to think they should act different.

-Bulz
Old 11-22-2006, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

You know the old saying that ignorance of the law is no excuse, sounds like those guys needed to check out their huning spot a little more thoroughly.
They had a state map that had all the state preserve marked on them and it wasn't marked. Plus they checked for signs that the wardens say were all removed by someone. Plus they have seen others hunting for ducks there all year!

Turtleshell so if your driving on a a usual route to work and the state changed the speed limit on one of your usual roads but some dick removed the signs and the newspeed limit wan't posted anymore.You didn't know it was changed because there were no signs and you've been driving there for 15 years.......do you think you should get a ticket???
Old 11-22-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most are good some are not. There is no middle for these poeple. There a 2 up in the big woods where our camp is, 1 male and 1 female. Bothe real Ignorant A-holes! Last year the female checked me 3 times in 1 day! Uncased my bow, I asked her do you really think its loaded? She didnt like that. I know a bunch of them considering my little sister is a CO.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Banned

I had one check me out one night; he was never seen again. They will find him when they find Jimmy Hoffa.
Actually never been checked except when duck hunting on public marshes; easy for them to check lots of guys that way.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Spike

I was driving home during gun season last year when i came across adoe in the road that had just been hit by a car but it also had a wound from gunshot. i pulled off and dragged the deer to the side of the road. just when i was getting back in my truck i saw the red and blues flash. the game warden searched my truck and found my unloaded 12 gauge in a locked case in the trunk with my ammo in my day pack in the back seat of the car. he was dead set that i poached the deer and took me to jail. $2000.00 for attorney fees and 3 months dealing with the courts i got it dropped and got all my stuff back. They took my car, remington 11-87 premier/scope and about $600 worth of different equipment i had. I know that not all game wardens are like that but if i can go the rest of my life without seeing another one my feelings wouldnt be hurt.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The ones I've run into are mainly are really helpful. We normally call and tell them if we are hog hunting at night though now he told us to not worry about it because he knows we hog hunt a lot at night. The only one I've ever had trouble with is one that was determined to give us a ticket for our boat. He searched for almost a hour to find something to write us up on. The lake I normally take my boat their is a lady game warden and she checks me everytime I'm out there though she never really hassles me. It is mainly because I'm running a jet boat and she tries to catch me racing. She almost did one day but someone warned us she was waiting around the corner so we parked our boat and walked back around to where we were camped. She told me one day I'm going to catch you, and I told her she had to catch me first. She just laughs and tells me to make sure I don't drink any beer while driving it. I told her that is the number one rule no beer on the boat it is too easy to kill someone with my boat. We were even caught one day doing 75 under a bridge and the game warden just wrote us a warning ticket because we told him the truth and told him exactly how fast we were going. We even chowed him the GPS.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 PM

I have never met, seen, or heard anything about my local GW.Maybe itsbecause I hunt private land thats surrounded by private land of people who dont hunt??? I would like to meet him or her though just so I know.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:30 PM

Hey JeffS, her name wouldn't be Patty, would it?
Old 11-22-2006, 02:34 PM

i never have been shecked by one but one time my brother and dad were fishing in somespot on a lake catiching all kinds of fish and a gamewarrden came up to them and started chewing them out for fishing there and he left then a little while later a diffrent guy came up and said that was the best place there and was real freindely

Quick Reply: Checked by a Warden last night

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.