HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Checked by a Warden last night
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
JeffS
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Checked by a Warden last night

The ones I've run into are mainly are really helpful. We normally call and tell them if we are hog hunting at night though now he told us to not worry about it because he knows we hog hunt a lot at night. The only one I've ever had trouble with is one that was determined to give us a ticket for our boat. He searched for almost a hour to find something to write us up on. The lake I normally take my boat their is a lady game warden and she checks me everytime I'm out there though she never really hassles me. It is mainly because I'm running a jet boat and she tries to catch me racing. She almost did one day but someone warned us she was waiting around the corner so we parked our boat and walked back around to where we were camped. She told me one day I'm going to catch you, and I told her she had to catch me first. She just laughs and tells me to make sure I don't drink any beer while driving it. I told her that is the number one rule no beer on the boat it is too easy to kill someone with my boat. We were even caught one day doing 75 under a bridge and the game warden just wrote us a warning ticket because we told him the truth and told him exactly how fast we were going. We even chowed him the GPS.