Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunters Safety System Tree Stalker vest >

Hunters Safety System Tree Stalker vest

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunters Safety System Tree Stalker vest

Old 11-16-2006, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Default Hunters Safety System Tree Stalker vest

I am thinking of trying one of these. The price isn't too bad(I can't see spending $110 for the HSS Pro), but I have a question on the size or how they fit with heavier clothing. The size S/M goes to 150 lbs. which makes it borderline. The size L/XL sounds as though it is too big. Just wondering if using the S/M will still fit while wearing heavier clothes because I weigh exactly 150!
Old 11-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunters Safety System Tree Stalker vest

not sure about the tree stalker. i have the hss pro series and it has alot of adjustment on the waist buckles. they are hidden inside of the vest. mine works for lighter clothing and heavy clothing hunting. if you find the sweet spot on the adjustment it will work for both situations. i never change mine.
Dan
Old 11-16-2006, 10:00 AM

I had the same problem, I weigh 145 lbs.,my choice was made for me when the only size available was a L/EXL. I found that I could adjust the fit enough so that it worked wearing light clothing for a MD bowhunt, lately hunting in MA with heavier clothing works too.
One of my friends has the smaller size and after looking at it I was glad that I had the bigger one.
Her vest came with an oval shape clip to attach the strap to the tree, the larger size does not, you have to thread it thru the strap. While muzzleloader hunting in MD. my hat blew off and after I retrieved it and was rethreading the strap, it cost me a nice buck, but that's a whole nother story!
So when I returned home I went to a mt. climbing store and got a heavy duty locking carabiner to use to avoid the problem. Probably not recommended for heavier hunters but as long asthe carabiner is big enough to use correctly I don't see a problem.
Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my Tree Stalker. I had purchased a vest from another manufacturer a few years ago and it always seemed to be inmy waybecause it was too long. I tried on one of the stalkers and it's perfect.They are alittle shorter in lengththan the rest of the line, butfits morecomfortably with no obstructions when shooting. Check out ebay, there are a couple of sellers with good prices on this model.