Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

Scent Lock B. S.
From the name of the topic, I thought they had come out with a new line of Scentlock called "B.S."

I must be a bit slow tonight. The 11 pages of responses should have clued me in.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: cuz 24

Scent Lok, Scent Shield, Scent Blocker, anything that uses carbon is useless, and I fell for it too. Carbon cannot be "reactivated" in anyone's dryer. Clothing would burn up long before the point of reactivation. Anyone who spends that much money on camo and has positive results is going to chalk it up to their scent lok, because they want to believe it works. Anything you read on scentlok.com is going to praise their product of course. Read the articles on fastestbows.com, this comes from a man that worked with activated carbon and knows the "reactivation" process. This guy has nothing to gain from telling it like it is. These two articles are enough to convince me that carbon clothes are a bunch of b.s. making people rich. As long as people keep buying it they'll keep selling it, and telling you it works. I'm glad someone that knows had the balls enough to stand up and speak. If it makes you feel better, wear it, you paid too much for it not to. But, if things go wrong it must be something other than the clothes because the scent was "locked in", riiiight. If things fall into place, so be it, you can say it was because of your scent lok, riiiight. If you had any other suit on it would have never happened, riiiight. You can convince yourself there are dwarfs in the woods too if you say it enough.
cuz24 for president.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here we go again.

Can't you guys just give it a rest? We've read it over & over many time before. Neither side is going to convince the other so it just becomes useless bickering. I wish the mods would just immediately lock any post with Scent Lok in the title because it's just doomed to do nothing but go downhill fast. [&o]
Old 11-11-2006, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

I just use scent killer soap. laundry soap and spray...haven't been busted yet
Old 11-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can convince yourself there are dwarfs in the woods too if you say it enough.
I saw one the other day. He didn't bust me because I had my scent lok on[8D].
Old 11-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Spike

cananyone herespell "class action lawsuit"...
Old 11-12-2006, 11:58 AM

man this is going on too long. Ya don't need scentlock or the others ones.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:07 PM

Look at it this way; even if it doesn't work exactly like it is advertised, Scent Lok, Scent Blocker, and all those other companies are selling confidence to those hunters who need it to be successful.

When it comes to hunting, what is the number one thing you need to take into the woods with you to be successful? (Aside from your equipment.)

Confidence.

If wearing hundreds of dollars worth of scent concealing clothing products will make someone that much more confident in their approach to hunting, why argue it?

Does Scent Lok work? Probably to an extent.

Can the carbon clothing be reactivated like the manufacturers claim? Probably not.

Is it worth the money?
To some, maybe. To others, definitely not.

What it all adds up to is these companies selling confidence in the form of clothing to hunters who need that little extra boost of it.

Case closed? (Yeah right.)
Old 11-12-2006, 03:32 PM

Had an interesting time reading all these pages.It is not very difficult to find the truth of whether or not activated carbon works as claimed. There are ways to determine how effective they work in controlled studues. I would refer all of you to an investigative report done by Fox News in Minnesota.

my foxtwincities,com

In Point Blank Scentloks magazine fall 2005 edition page 87 "Quantifying a ders sense of smell is an impercise science,but most researchers agree that deer can smell whatever cannines can smell."

The Fox report shows ,as did a study done by USDA with John Shivik in 2002,that cannines can smell and locate people ,following all the direction by the manufactuers,dressed in activated carbon clothing. A scientific study fact.

In the Fox report the Scentlok represenative Mike Andrews admits that they cannot reactivate the carbon but rather can regenerate some of it.
What that means is ? Carbon expert Dr.Mellor of Purification Products quoted by Scentlok in patent applications disagrees that this is possible in a household dryer as they claim.

All I knw for sure if Bingo was a deer and not a dog all the activated carbon you have wouldn't keep you from being busted !!!!
Old 11-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

Look at it this way; even if it doesn't work exactly like it is advertised, Scent Lok, Scent Blocker, and all those other companies are selling confidence to those hunters who need it to be successful.

When it comes to hunting, what is the number one thing you need to take into the woods with you to be successful?
(Aside from your equipment.)

Confidence.

If wearing hundreds of dollars worth of scent concealing clothing products will make someone that much more confident in their approach to hunting, why argue it?

Does Scent Lok work? Probably to an extent.

Can the carbon clothing be reactivated like the manufacturers claim? Probably not.

Is it worth the money?
To some, maybe. To others, definitely not.

What it all adds up to is these companies selling confidence in the form of clothing to hunters who need that little extra boost of it.

Case closed? (Yeah right.)
So like I stated in the .02 cents thread:
So are you saying that a Q-Ray bracelet, a,buckeye in your pocket, or a rabbit foot could be just as effective if a hunter believes in it? I wonder if when a person buys this carbon clothing that they have finally reached a new level of being a good hunter as far as knowing how to select proper stand sites along with implementing the scent neutralizing sprays that they just somehow imagine that it must be the carbon clothing,( with the no way to reactivate the tiny minute carbon particles), helping too. Afterall, when a person drops $400 on a carbon outfit, they WANT to think that it helps. Nobody wants to admit that they got taken.Maybe this is like a Dr.'s patient being given a sugarpill placebo for a headache and the headache goes away.

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.