HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scent Lock B. S.
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:32 PM
mnbob

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

Had an interesting time reading all these pages.It is not very difficult to find the truth of whether or not activated carbon works as claimed. There are ways to determine how effective they work in controlled studues. I would refer all of you to an investigative report done by Fox News in Minnesota.

my foxtwincities,com

In Point Blank Scentloks magazine fall 2005 edition page 87 "Quantifying a ders sense of smell is an impercise science,but most researchers agree that deer can smell whatever cannines can smell."

The Fox report shows ,as did a study done by USDA with John Shivik in 2002,that cannines can smell and locate people ,following all the direction by the manufactuers,dressed in activated carbon clothing. A scientific study fact.

In the Fox report the Scentlok represenative Mike Andrews admits that they cannot reactivate the carbon but rather can regenerate some of it.
What that means is ? Carbon expert Dr.Mellor of Purification Products quoted by Scentlok in patent applications disagrees that this is possible in a household dryer as they claim.

All I knw for sure if Bingo was a deer and not a dog all the activated carbon you have wouldn't keep you from being busted !!!!