Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scent Lock B. S.

I bought and used a new Scent Lock suit with full head cover and gloves. Set me back plenty and I have never been busted so maney times by deer picking up my scent. I should have known if its too good to be true its not true. After almost 40 years of hunting I never used this stuff and always played the wind as best as I could and have been pretty successful. So if I have to play the wind with this $400.00 suit what did I gain. I all through with gimicks and gadgets. Like the ad says I'm just going to hun!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

Thats why I have saved my money. Remember the old sayin. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know the pants dont work, I have a pair, and right after getting them was setting in my stand when I felt a gas bubble. I thought heck I am wearing scent loc, why not let er rip. Needless to say I gagged until I about puked when I let it rip. The smell passed through just fine.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you following the instructions? I have had one for 3 years now and I have not been busted yet. You still have to take precautions for the outside of the suit and you still have to spray down. It does work for me and for everyone else that I hunt with. Just want to make sure you are using the suit right.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it was the style of camo. You know the old stuff just doesn't work anymore.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just wear coveralls that i use to farm in and they smell like cow crap and hay....best scent there is!!!!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Scent Blocker and have had great success with it. As long as you wash it with scent free detergent and activate the carbon it should work good. Also your supposed to keep it in a scent free container and still spray down with Scent Shield...Are you going to be able to hunt with completely wrong winds? Probably not, but it might save you when it really matters.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been using it for 2 years now and never been busted. Also filled all my tags these past 2 years, where before I would be lucky to get one deer in range during a year.

I don't pay attention to the wind most of the time, but I wash my clothes before every hunt and spray down my clothes everytime I go into the woods.

The only time I have been caught in the stand was this year and once my quiver hit tree I was in and made a noise and the other time a young buck smelled where I walked in.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:40 PM

Yep. Sold mine after last season. I've been using Dead Down Wind this year and have had several deer downwind and not spook.

I won't be using any carbon suits again.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:43 PM

Dead Down wind is some good stuff.

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.