Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Other hunting seasons >

Other hunting seasons

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Other hunting seasons

Old 11-02-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Other hunting seasons

I was just wondering how other hunting seasons affect your deer hunting. Nov. 3 opens Ohio's rabbit and pheasant season. I find myself torn between being in a stand or being out there with the dogs. I had made plans to bow hunt tomorrow but just got a phone call from a buddy wanting to do some rabbit hunting. To my suprise the words yes came out.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Other hunting seasons

My fall turkey hunt is from Oct. fourth thru Nov. fourteenth and thats right in my archery season for deer but it doesn't affect me in any way I just combine then and hunt for both at the same time.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

In Michigan we've got overlapping seasons between archery deer and partridge / woodcock. These pat hunters can really tick off a bowhunter when they come through your prime hunting spot with their guns and dogs.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

It is possible to hunt for deer, turkey and bear with a bow at the same time here in VA. I must say that I encounter turkeys almost everytime I go out. It's hard to draw on them without all of those eyes picking me off. I really would like to get a turkey with my bow, being how Thanksgiving is coming up. I actually had a bear come as close as 40 yards, but I passed on the shot. I havn't fired any broadheads at that distance and I don't know what I'd do with it if I killed one.