Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DRIVES WITH BOWS >

DRIVES WITH BOWS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DRIVES WITH BOWS

Old 11-01-2006, 07:48 AM
G5

Default DRIVES WITH BOWS

Has anyone ever tried to do a drive with bows. I have heard of some great success storys of people doing this. Said when done right and on the right terrain it can prove to be an awesome hunt. also heard that if you have a buck that is being nocturnal, stepping on him in his bed will stop that, at least for a few days he will be moving. Anyways just wondering if anyone on here has tried this and any suggestions for the right way to pull off a drive with a bow.

and im not trying to start a war over this. not looking for any opinions wheather a drive is ethical or not. IT IS LEGAL
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DRIVES WITH BOWS

the best way i've found to do it is to use a funnel. Like a creek bottom in a valley so the deer will funnel through it. You're guys who are sitting have to be up from where you walking a few hundred yards so the deer will slow down. You shouldn't use very many drivers, most of the time just one, with maybe 2 sitters. I wouldn't use that many people. Those deer won't stop if there are a bunch of guys. 3 tops.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

Have a spot I drive to my son. You just have to go slow,so you can stop em with a whistle or grunt.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:59 AM
Typical Buck

I have killed one buck doing bow drives years ago.We would do smaller chunks of ground.A couple of drivers would just walk slowly through the area with the wind to their backs.The standers would set up on escape routes to other areas.My buck was just a 110 8 pointer but my wife and another friend took shots at 140 class deer.They missed but had a blast just seeing the deer.We always did them right before the gun season or in the late season,when things had slowed down.Give it a try it is fun.