Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did you ever just have a really really good idea? >

Did you ever just have a really really good idea?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did you ever just have a really really good idea?

Old 10-25-2006, 08:20 PM

Default RE: Did you ever just have a really really good idea?

Go for it!
Heck if it's only 30-50.00 I'll order one right now before I even know what it is.
See you already have the first order.

I do not have the big bucks to help you in that way. I am following my own dream that is coming together.
Good luck!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think I've ever had one good idea in my life. I'm still waiting after 37 yrs bet when i get it I'm sure it will be a dandy.(not)
Old 10-25-2006, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

what is it? lol
Old 10-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

Dude........If I could get them girls from Hooters to get scent-free before they snuggle me up in the treestand......I'd have patented it YEARS ago.

They won't.....and I didn't.

Nice try, though.

jeff
Oh my, I needed a laugh like that, thanks Jeff.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:48 PM

Hey Quik, how much moneyare youthinking to invest on it and tell meyour conditions, maybe we could talk and make some business, by the way here inMexico is cheaper to manufacture something.
best regards.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Take those papers, make a copy, keep one for yourself to make adjustments and such, the other one seal in an envelope and mail it to yourself for safe keeping. DON'T OPEN IT, LEAVE IT SEALED. The US Post Office is an official date and time stamp recognized buy the court system should there ever be a question of who came up with the idea first.
I work for a small engineering company, and we have a few patents. We have a patent attorney on retainer. Just letting you know that if this is the defense that you bring to a court, any decent attorney can get it thrown out. If you want to get a patent and keep it, the only way to go is a patent attorney. If all the i's aren't dotted and all the t's crossed, you can even loose your patent if a company (with money) wants to take it to court. Also, do not disclose anything about your idea to any comany, or any one for that matter, without first getting a non disclosure agreement signed.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe a venture capital group could help you out. I don't know anything about them other than they put the money up front for a return on profits in the end. The two guys that came up with the internet movie storage idea (YouTube)about 2 years ago, got a venture capital group to front them about 11 million dollars and justrecently sold the company to none other than google for something like 1.2 BILLION dollars...yes, with a B. The venture capital group got about30% of that take.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Spike

Quick-

There was a discussion like this on a fishing form awhile back and one guy gave the easiest and cheapest way to prove that you had the original idea andprove itin acourt of law. He said to write out your idea, give a detail description made so sketches and if possibletakepictures of a prototype. Then seal in all in a vanilla envelope and have it mailed to yourself as a certified document through the Post Office and then never, never, neveropen it until you need to prove that you had the original idea for a product, invention or whatever and are in the presents of a judge in a courtroom. My only thought is to create more than one of these packets encase for some reason you need to prove it in more than one court case. The mind can create amazing things in a treestand with nature all around. Good luck on your idea!
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always coming up with some sort of hairbrained invention ideas,actually some arekinda coolbut I doubt if I will do anything about them. Actually here is a freebee I thought about the other day and I don't even know if it exists or even if it's possible. You guys all know about the lumenock right? Well we all know that they run on a little battery, well what about those glow tubes that you see kids have, what if you made a nock with that substance inside? They seem to last forever, at least long enough to track a deer. Probably cheaper to manufacture and lighter too. Soooooooo if anyone decides to get rich off this, remember this post!!