Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

POACHERS

Old 10-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default POACHERS

Hey everyone, A couple of days ago some guys poached abuck on someones land. They shot the buck and decided to come back for it the next day. Well the guy who owned the land found it dead in with his cattle before the guys came back to get the head. He called the wardens and by the time they got there the guys were back getting the head. The land owner took a few shots to scare them off before the wardens got there. The wardens chased them but they only caught one, (THE TRUCK OWNER,) the other three took off running in the woods. The one they caught was drunk and high on dope. They took his truck and the weapons he had with him. My family owns a house and some land close by and this really disappoints me considering this place has always been on of my favorite vacation and hunting spots. Italso has always been really peaceful and low crime. It really makes me sick how people would do such low things for money and then all they probably would have done with it was get high.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POACHERS

What a bunch of asses. I wouldn't get to down about the place. It could have just been a random thing. Lets hope so anyway.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:05 AM
Dominant Buck

The fact that those poachers got caught in such a dramatic way will help discourage others from making the news the same way .
Old 10-25-2006, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am rather surprised that the land owner took a few shots at them with the wardens present. Very hard to believe.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txrookie

I am rather surprised that the land owner took a few shots at them with the wardens present. Very hard to believe.
Ditto, the landowner would have been cuffed, stuffed and spending some time in the greystone hotelaround here.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry everyone I must have accidentally left some stuff out. He shot with a shotgun to scare the people, not to harm them, and the spot where they were was at the edge of the pasture right by his back yard. Sorry again I was half asleep when I wrote the post.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

cwillard...next time shoot at them...bastids
Old 10-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

We have our fair share of them here in MO. also. Every year at rifle season, you can watch them going up and down the gravel roads with spotlights, shinning and shooting. Last year we chased a guy, got his plate number and turned it in, some here may remember the post on it. They got the guy, and his truck, the atv in the back, his guns, and is now unable to get a licence to hunt for sometime. He deserved more IMO!