Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 wisker and fingers >

wisker and fingers

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wisker and fingers

Old 10-22-2006, 10:01 AM

Default wisker and fingers

I'm trying to get my girl friend to start shooting . I've got a bow that fits her. She shoots fingers and torques the string so the arrow falls off the flipper rest. My question is can you shoot a wisker with fingers and helical fletchings.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Default RE: wisker and fingers

Absolutely. I shot with a release for about a month, and it just didn't feel right. I've been shootin fingers ever since, and have shot a Whisker Biscuit for a couple years now. The trick is to always grip at the same spot and shoot it like a traditional bow: always push forward with your bow hand and pull back with the other. When shooting finger, you must have back tension against the wall, or your shots will not be consistent. I cant put a group together from 40 yards just like a guy with a big fancy release.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: wisker and fingers

i shoot fingers with a bisquit and i don't have any problems. i can keep good groups as long as i do my part.