Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Feathers and the " Wisker B" >

Feathers and the " Wisker B"

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Feathers and the " Wisker B"

Old 07-16-2003, 03:22 AM

Default Feathers and the " Wisker B"

Anyone use this combo ?,If so,how do the feathers hold up.While watching Prime Time 7, I noticed Steve Snow' s set up consisted of a WB, carbons and what looked like 3" off set feathers.I think he was also useing a small fixed blade head.

Looked like lazer flight to me.How much speed do you lose with feathers in a WB ?.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Feathers and the " Wisker B"

If you trim the rest up some you don' t loose much speed at all. Maybe 2 to 3 fps. I am playing with some feathers again as well as the new Arizona vanes that are recomended for the WB. Feathers " fuzz up" on the ends after 20 shot or so and become a hair louder in flight. They are still very accurate and forgiving though. Not sure wich way I will end up yet, most likely I will go with the vanes if they hold up.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:09 AM

I' m shooting a standard WB that hasn' t been trimmed with carbon' s and 4" feathers with about a 4 degree right helical. They shoot very well and like 5 shot said .......they wear at the very tips slightly.I am losing about 4-5 fps with this set up.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great combo , I' ve been useing it for months and it will be in the woods with me this season , I have allot of shots thru mine and there is just a very slight wear on the outer 1/32 of the feather , it does not seem to effect it at all . The only modification I have made is to sand smooth the finish on the bottom of my carbon arrows , CE terminators to make them quiet while drawing as sugested by a member of the board .
Old 07-16-2003, 02:19 PM

I have 4" feathers with a helical and do have some wear, but overall good performance.