Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 what's up with my Wisker Biscuit?? >

what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Is this a common issue with the WB? (sorry pics are a bit blurry) The whiskers where the bottom fletching hit are getting" discombobulated". Is it a problem?? (arrows seem to flying ok) Is there something I should do?? Thanks in advance.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Default RE: what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Which arrows are you shooting? Is your WB the right diameter? Also, what type of fletching and how is it fletched? My WB has maybe 2 or 3 whiskers out of place, but no more. If I had to guess, I'd say your shooting Quick Spins at a harsh offset of even helical? Another thing....are you sure your center-shot is dead nuts?
Old 10-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Site Bouncer

From the look of it, it appears your Biscuit is not set up right. Looks like the arrow is slamming into the lower left part of the rest. Are your vanes showing damage? What speed are you shooting? Which way is your cock vane/fletching facing? (should be up)

I would make sure your center shot is correct as well as setting the nock at 90deg. to the string. Also check your tiller it helps to start out with an even tiller.

Need more information on your set up to help more but you have something not right there.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

shooting aluminums and the size is right
cock fecther up
shooting both feathers and blazers (no offset/helical)- fethers show some where, maybe a bit more than in the past - biscuit always scuffed up edges
the centershot should be on - just had it adjusted a month ago
Old 10-24-2006, 02:07 AM
Site Bouncer

Doughboy,

Thanks for the info.....when you say the Biscuit has "always scuffed up edges" are you talking about just the bristles or can you see scuff marks on the actual black metal rim of the biscuit? (hard to tell from photos)

I still think it's not adjusted right. When you say it's center shot, do you mean to the riser or to the string??? It must be center shot to the string (most are offset slightly)

Judging by the picture, it appears that either your nock is not 90deg. to the string or your tiller is way off. Something is causing the arrow to slam down on the bottom ofrest when it's launched....again this is what I can gather from what you have told me and the two photos you provided.

I would check everything again, center shot (to the string) nock level, tiller and biscuit level. It's normal to get a couple of strands out of place once and a while but it looks like the arrow shaft is slamming down into the rest.

Just thinking here.......do you have the correct spine arrows? too week of a spine (depending on your draw weight and length) might cause the arrow to do this as well.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:19 AM

DoughBoy,
I to shoot aluminums and 2 in. Blazers with a rt. helical , but my Bisquit looks nothing like that. Somethings going on with your set up. I'm curriuoss , hows your bow shot?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big - I was refering to the feathers getting a little scuffed, not the WB. As far as the "center shot", I'm not sure - I just took it to Gander Mt. and asked them to check the center shot (it was off a bit) - I believe it was the nock in relation to the hole in WB. As far as the nock not being 90 deg. to string, you may have something. I have noticed that some arrows look a bit "off" when nocked. I do have uni-nock on most arrows now, so that could be corrected (how do you know when exactly at 90? - eyeball? I do have the proper spine - referenced the charts when ordering (been using same arrows since I had this rig).

As Imentioned before, the bows appears to be shooting good ("appears" is the key word - flight could be messed up, but hitting correctly???). That is what makes this so strange.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is the biscuit sitting straight up and down?I've had 'em get bent a little.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

id say replace the WB and shoot cock feather down. Thats how I shoot and i havent had any problems with mine at all.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:45 AM

Looks to me like one of the fletches is going through the black hairs. As if the arrow was knocked upside down (cock pointing down and going through). I had a short case of "arrow knocking dislexia" last year during a mid day practice in the middle of hunting season. Couldn't figure out why all my shots were a pin or more low! Cock feather (fletch) was pointing down and hitting the black hairs instead of up and the other two fletches stradleing the black hairs.

That make sense?

Quick Reply: what's up with my Wisker Biscuit??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.