Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trouble with tresspasser >

Trouble with tresspasser

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trouble with tresspasser

Old 11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trouble with tresspasser

You tell me whereyour messagesays this guy is a relative. I didn't suggest shooting him, or at him. Just a loud shot. Are you allowed to shoot on your land? Or does your unwelcome relative negate those rights too?

So, if I understand correctly now - you have a relative hunting in your stand, on your land not only without permission, but damaging the stands as well? Does that sound about right?

And your answer to this problem is to ruin the stand, so that no deer travel past it.

I bet it was the man-purse that did it, because it sure wasn't your demand for respect!

ORIGINAL: lou-lou

Today my friend and I went out back of my property to go bowhunting. We came to one of my stands and saw that 4 of the ladder rungs were missing. This has become a constant problem with this tresspasser. Every time I go back there the same stand is messed with. I'm sick of it, I've moved the stand numerous times, now i want the stand to be dead so no deer go by it ever!!! I need some Ideas on how to do it, please feel free to get nasty. I know who it is but the gratifiaction of him not seeing deer at all would make my season. i don't want him arrested for it, just want to see him suffer slowly.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Typical Buck

I hadsome trespassers on my field the other night. I was in my stand and glassed some movement. It wasn't a deer but two guys not wearing any blaze (gun season)and walking the treeline. When they were getting closer I got down and approached them. They took off running. I went back to hunting, and after the hunt I called my county game warden and told him what had happened, he said he couldn't do much since there was no way of know ing who they were, etc. I drove around and found 2 trucks that I "think" were theres. Nobody was around, so I just took down their tag numbers and turned them into the warden. One of the things I strongly suggest you do while hunting is to take your cell phone with you and put the game wardens contacts in there. You never know when a quick call will be needed.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Or you could just do like lou-lou and ruin your own stand!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:37 AM
Typical Buck

Listen, if you do not have anything good to say, or if your one of those people who come on this forum just because of your overwhelming need to argue with somone, don't reply, this forum is for real hunters with real issues, it's not for people like you who just want to start a arguement to make yourself feel better. What does it matter who is on the property, just asked for ideas, not a squabble
Old 01-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Put up some cameras that way the f+g guys will have a fase to go with the plate.I wouldnt mess up the area if it were mine.Ask f+g how much is enough to get them to move on the guy.Let him know you would like to keep it at his level and that you are confident that his professional expertise will resolve the issue.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Simple, just hang a note on your stand that states that you have already got him on video messing with the stand and if it happens again you will turn him in. then put ps: at the bottom with a note saying look around.
Dan