Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ohio hunters(calling) >

Ohio hunters(calling)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ohio hunters(calling)

Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 PM

Default Ohio hunters(calling)

To all the ohio hunters that have been out this year and seen wats goin on right now do you think its to early to take the horns and grunt tube out on saturday morning and do a little light rattling and gruntin...its supposed to be pretty cold (around mid 30s) with a light wind and a little cloud cover...let me knowwhat you think...thanks
Old 10-19-2006, 11:03 PM

Default RE: Ohio hunters(calling)

Yeah, it's gettin' close to time. Light rattling won't hurt. Still about a week away though.

I'm headed to Gallia county next friday and won't return until Nov 3. Then back down from the 10th till the 20th.

Horns will make some friction when I'm in the woods, guaranteed!

Good luck
Old 10-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

I agree it is getting close. Tuesday evening I had little basket rack come in following a doe under my stand. Of course he wasn't hot on her, but he was keeping her in sight. I have been starting to find quite a few scrapes the past few days also. I think another week to week and a half here in NW Ohio things should start getting more interesting. The bad thing is all this rain we have had off and on has really started to put the farmers behind. Man, we want the corn to hurry up and come off here. It is amazing how much better the hunting gets when the corn is gone.
I don't think that some light rattling will hurt anything tomorrow morning for you either. You might get a smaller guy guy to come in and check things out, but I wouldn't expect a monster yet. It's gppd practice hough.
Good luck to all my Ohio bowhunting brothers this season. Stay safe and shoot straight!! Lets keep each other posted on how the action is as the season progresses in our areas of the state.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
Spike

I agree, just wish I could go out this weekend, fly out to Dallas in the morning and won't have a chance to get out again for atleast 2 weeks.

Only been out two evenings[:@]

Hope to put in some more time come First of November.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:37 PM

No it's not to early,rattled in a nice 10 pointer tonight!!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]abso-freakin-lutly. They are sparing and I grunted at the buck I shot towards last weekend.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:49 PM

I know what you mean. I'm working both of my days off just to put together two weeks worth of pre-sales presentations to take off. Of course another wrench in the gears with teenager problems to fit in and hopefully get squared away before I leave...AND an unschedueled dentist appt to have a freakin' root canal done on Monday. Just anotherwalk in the park....[:@]
ORIGINAL: kkeiser

I agree, just wish I could go out this weekend, fly out to Dallas in the morning and won't have a chance to get out again for atleast 2 weeks.

Only been out two evenings[:@]

Hope to put in some more time come First of November.