Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 calling all deer hunters >

calling all deer hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

calling all deer hunters

Old 07-30-2004, 08:38 PM

Default calling all deer hunters

I swore i would neer hunt..seemed boring. Well this year i went on my first yote hunt, and spring gobbler hunt with my cousins husband..(my father doesnt hunt). That was all in Missouri when i had an experienced hunter there with me. Now i live in PA, and am searching for some advice. I prolly will skip out this season....and gather all the info i can on hunting deer. I have a few questions.

1. What is the best tree stand, or blind that can be set up and taken down in the same day.

2. What calls to use and when to use them

3. Is Bucks county a good county to hunt deer...(i hope so cause of the name)

4. What scents will i need

5. What is the best public land to hunt in Bucks county

6. In PA is there a antler restriction
and if you have anyother advice i will gladly take it.
Old 07-31-2004, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: calling all deer hunters

1. What is the best tree stand, or blind that can be set up and taken down in the same day.
[

i prefer the climber type tree stands, (depending on if you have the right types of trees to climb) very stable, very quick (once you get good with it) i can usually go from tree stand on my back to ready to hunt in ~ 10 min. API and Summit make very good climbing trees stands, as far as scents, if you are gun hunting, just stay simple, launder clothes in scent free detergent, keep them in a trash bag or plastic container, and use some cover up scent, or scent eliminator on your boots and clothes before you leave the truck. As far a rack restrictions, I think ( dont quote me) but PA is at least 3 points on one side. hope this helps