Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 One season opener after another - wave bye bye! >

One season opener after another - wave bye bye!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

One season opener after another - wave bye bye!

Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 PM

Default One season opener after another - wave bye bye!

Well gang, I have been on this forum everyday, almost all day long,for the last month, ( since my neck / spine surgery ), sucking the life out of every thread and every one of your stories. I have " met " some really great and helpful people, and I just want to say thank you to you all for letting me live through you.

I worked almost everyday ( literally )for the first 8 1/2 months of the year ( didn't want to but boss said be there or don't come back ) ,and allI was waiting on was deer season. Then I was put off work due toan oldinjury on 8/18 and had to have my surgery 9/14.

I was waiting on deer season soooooo bad. It is all I wait for every year. I do not do any other hunting or fishing really, no time to. And I found out yesterday that not only have I missed the opening of Bow season here OCT.1, but muzzleloading starts tomorrow ( sat. ) and I am out of it too. Modern Gun season starts the 2nd weekend of Nov., the 11 th, and I am out for it too as I don't go back to the Doc.'s until the 13 th. And I may not be released then either. The bones have to have a good start on fusing together. Right now it is like my neck is broken, and I have to wear a brace 24 / 7.

So I am writing this to say keep the stories and pics coming, because wheather you realize it or not, you guys are the luckiest people in the world to me right now, and some of us are depending on you toget er' done. I wish you all the best of luck.

Thanks again and seriously, be safe and God Bless you all.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: One season opener after another - wave bye bye!

Sorry to hear about your situation! You'll be in my thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about your situation. Good luck with the recovery and hope you're able to get out there before season ends.
Brandon
Old 10-13-2006, 10:46 PM
Fork Horn

I feel for you. #1 thing for you is to...Get better! I had surgery about a month ago and it has taken longer than expected to heal. I live in NY and the season starts today. Today was the 1st time I felt good enough to target practice. Hopefully I'll be able to get in the woods maybe next weekend or more likely the weekend after. I'll be thinking about you and how lucky I'll be to hunt this year.
Take care and I hope you have a speedy recovery.