Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New here, and really upset. >

New here, and really upset.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New here, and really upset.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default New here, and really upset.

Hello everyone, I am new here well I have been reading and poking around for a week or so, and there is alot of usefull info here anyway, to try and make my long story short kinda, when I was 16 I first got into bowhunting, took my first deer on opening morning of my first hunt, it was a doe, but fell out of hunting after that for some reason. So fast forword to the '05 season towards the end of last season I got back into bowhunting, till a fall wrecked it for me, I fell about 12 feet broke my bow and my right arm, after alot of training I was ready to get into this season, as pumped as ever. So I went out got myself a new bow, a Martin mag cat, kinda cheaper but I love it, anyway about 3 weeks before opener here I went to my fav hunting spot witch happens to be my grandpas property about an hour north of my house, I walk the whole edge of it and find the perfect spot, right in the back corner about 20 yards off of the property line, so as long as I had known the guy next to us never hunted, so opening day I go out to my stand and as day breaks I notice another guy about 30 yards from me in a ladder stand, barley on his property so after the hunt I politely walk over to him and ask if would mind moving his stand cause he obviously had seen mine there before he but his up, he threw a big fit about it and then agreed, so tonight I go out to hunt and the stand is still there not only there, but even closer right on the property line and he has a huge bait pile I would guess about 5 feet high with solid sugar beets. I see many deer but none will come over to my area cause they have everything they need 30 yards from me. So I just needed to vent and blow some steam off, sorry that it is so long, but I am very angry, thanks for listening.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New here, and really upset.

Tell him you are inviting this Hmong family you know to hunt the property. I bet he will move his stand as far from the line as possible!

You could try putting a bait pile out of your own.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:42 AM

That is a bad deal, sure glad I don't have you're problem, hang in there sometimes good comes from bad situations. Let us know what happens.
Bob
Old 10-10-2006, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

You asked a guy to move his stand and it was on his own property, and your pissed?? Now that there is funny!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

well if he is barely on his property at thirty yards from you then you are not far into your property either . you would be better off to move your stand and avoid conflict
Old 10-10-2006, 05:20 AM
bigcountry

His property, he can be a slob hunter if he wants.

Old 10-10-2006, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where at in Michigan are you?
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

You asked a guy to move his stand and it was on his own property, and your pissed?? Now that there is funny!
That was pretty arrogant of you , you don't even own the property that you're hunting on but tried to tell a landowner what to do on his . I can't say that I would have reacted as he did , but I definitely would have told you to step off . That guy has probably been hunting that very spot since before you were born , and he has every right to .
Old 10-10-2006, 07:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well first of all welcome to the forums , glad to have you with us .
Second : sorry to hear about your grandpas nighbor being so close to where your hunting but if he's on his own property theres not much you can do.
Since his bait pile is only thirty yards away , why don't just hunt your stand anyway and if a nice buck happens to go to his bait and you can make that thirty yard shot take it.
Not only would that make your grandpas nighbor upset but if you leave the gut pile with a thank you noteat his bait pile he might get the point.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RDHunter

Well first of all welcome to the forums , glad to have you with us .
Second : sorry to hear about your grandpas nighbor being so close to where your hunting but if he's on his own property theres not much you can do.
Since his bait pile is only thirty yards away , why don't just hunt your stand anyway and if a nice buck happens to go to his bait and you can make that thirty yard shot take it.
Not only would that make your grandpas nighbor upset but if you leave the gut pile with a thank you noteat his bait pile he might get the point.
Problem with that is he then would be guilty of trespassing on the other guy's property. Its a bad situation but if he is on his property, he can hunt where he wishes on his property.

Quick Reply: New here, and really upset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.