Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New here, and really upset. >

New here, and really upset.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New here, and really upset.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:38 AM

Default RE: New here, and really upset.

I can hear ya but... moving over and getting in a better spot will better suit ya ... keep an open mind and try to avoid conflict would suit ya better .... put more of your time into locating a better spot and you'll enjoy your hunting sitting in your treestand stewing sure will end up being a misserable season..
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 AM

I wouldn't advise taking a shot at a deer on his property. In fact I would move my stand if I were you. If you happen to shoot a deer that is on your property and he runs on to his property, then you would need his permission to go on to his property and look for it. I am not sure he would be willing to let youafter you ask him to move his stand. I am sure there are other good places that you could find away from his property line. Best of luck to you.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

I'm with Kevin1 on this one. Find a new spot on your grandpa's land.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 AM

If you're hunting that close to property lines I'd for sure try to get along with him at all costs.....what are you going to do when you stick that buck of a lifetime and he takes off into your neighbors property.......levitate yourself over there and fly the deer back to your side??????
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 AM

Just fing the best trail the deer are using to travel accross the property you hunt, to get to his bait pile, and back up that trail some. Then when the deer are going to his bait, you shoot the best buck you can find, while it is still on your property. That way he helps to concentrate the deer for you, and you hunt them on your property. And if you are not so close to the property line, there is less risk of the deer going on to his property before recovery. You are just cutting them off before they get to him.

Use his being a slob hunter to your benefit, and relax.

God luck and good hunting.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

You should invite him to hang a stand on your property and then maybe he'll move his bait pile on your place.

But seriously, the deer have got to come from somewhere to get to his all you can eat buffet. Chances are that some cross the fence to do it.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

If your hunting in MI there is a 2 gallon bait limit isn't there??? If he has five feet of sugar beets I would think he is over the limit.Call the DNR and let them talk to him.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that takes some guts on your part. First off, you haven't been archery hunting that spot but a few weeks. For all you know he could have been hunting that tree for years so in essence he should have been the one who asked you to move. Then you ask him to move his stand even though it's on his property. I believe if you walked up to me and tried to pull that I'd be pretty pissed too. I'd say suck it up, move your stand and get over it. He didn't do a thing wrong IMHO.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 AM

The best i can tell the others have already said you might notwant to but just move your stand to another location and avoid the neighbor all together dont risk sticking a monster and not be able to recover him because he ran onto the guys property and you might have pissed him off and he wont let you recover the buck.
Old 10-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to stay away from property lines for that very reason. I own 30 acres and I don't even hunt withing 50 yards of my property line as a courtesy to the other land owner that has hunted there for years. He and I get along great, we even get together a few times in the spring and comb both properties for shed antlers. I wouldn't want him hanging a stand within bow range of my stands, and vice versa. Make a friend if its not too late, makes hunting much better for both of you.

Quick Reply: New here, and really upset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.