Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ladders/Sticks and "chair" Need some advice. >

Ladders/Sticks and "chair" Need some advice.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ladders/Sticks and "chair" Need some advice.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default Ladders/Sticks and "chair" Need some advice.

I'm going to be deer hunting and looking at buying a ladder/stick. Here are my needs. And I'll need a chair to sit in once I get up there. Never hunted from a tree stand before.
1. Light weight- I'm hiking in with it and carrying itout each day.
2. Easy to use and climb with.

Old 10-06-2006, 06:17 AM

Default RE: Ladders/Sticks and "chair" Need some advice.

well Big Game has a Boss series 15lbs easy carry in /out can hold 300 lbs and price is 59.99 or for the boss xl it is 74.99 the regular is 25"x25" platform the xl has footrest and Magnum climbing sticks 3-4ft sections weigh 11lbs.. YOU must USE Full Body Harness Make Sure you are Safe ... ohh price range 40 to 80 $$$ for climbing sticks

Good luck
Old 10-06-2006, 06:19 AM

PS you can order this from Cabela's I don't know if you have one there or not If you don't they're really Great and very Fast
Old 10-06-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do lots of Public Bowhunting & have to walk in & stands are in & out with you. I use a 3 section 12' ladder from Cabelas (I think they are $39) & a hang on stand (no trimming allowed of trees). The ladder is 7#s & the hang on is 7#s. If you want more than 12' just buy a 2nd. It slips together real easy & ties to tree in seconds. I go in put ladder & stand up in about 10 min with next to no noise EVEN in the dark. I have a pack board I bungie ALL my gear to except my Bow & hike in. Total weight is easy to haul in on the metal pack frame.
Good Luck Oh, everything is rated for 300#s.
I also have a couple 12 foot "ladder stands" I got from Herters a few years back for around $50 I use once in awhile. They weigh 35#s & I use a 2 wheel Deer Hauler to take them in & out with. I've done enough Public Bowhunting (walk in) that I have discovered about the easiest available.
I have "NO" problems shooting Deer at"ONLY" (as many say) 12 feet up.

Old 10-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the info. I went down to Sportmen's Warehouse and picked up the Lone Wolf "Alpha/Hang On" and three of the Lone Wolf sticks. They weight a total of 20 lbs.