Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders? >

Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders?

Old 06-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders?

Which ones are the best? Where can I get them the cheapest? I'm ready to purchase and have been strongly considering the Summit Swiftree Steps. Anyone with experience on these? Also, I would really like to at times get the full "nose bleed" 20 to 25 feet up so I'll need at least enough steps to get my stand that high. I am short stepper so please help if you have this same dilemma and what your solution was.

Thanks, LT
Old 06-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/browse/browse.asp?c=8&pg=3

Look around in here ^ if cheap is your quarry. I bought a set of the guide gear 20' climbing sticks last year when I didn't want to leave an expensive set in the woods where theft was a concern.

They worked OK, but attention to detail is a must when climbing up, the staggered steps will leave your feet looking for the next step- no big deal as long as you slow down and take your time (as you should be when climbing anyway)

The guide has several other ladders & such to look at while your there.

I wouldn't say any of what they offer is the "best", but it will be darn near the cheapest.

I added a "real" ratchet strap at the topto make the set up safer.

Good shopping.

Old 06-17-2006, 05:20 PM
Banned

I have the Swifttree and it has been great and dependable for 5 years. The best feature is that your foot is enclosed in the step and this could save you from a dangerous slip. GREAT product. Oh yea; 1st thing I did was replace the rope tie downs with camo pull straps. Ratchet straps are not necessary on these.
HCH
[/align]
Old 06-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, What exactly do yo mean by "pull straps"? Not familiar with anything other than ratchet straps for this type of setup. Your response is appreciated and I really am leaning hard toward these steps. Did you get a good deal on yours? If so, where did you score them?

Thanks, LT
Old 06-17-2006, 07:33 PM

DaveC,

Thanks for the link. I am in the market for a good set of sticks/ladder and forgot about the Sportsmans Guide.

LaTomkat,

Check out these links. I am seriously considering the rapid rails at this price. From what I hear they are nice, especially in trees that are crooked.

Anyone else have any experience with the rapid rails.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=265275

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...&noImage=0

Old 06-18-2006, 06:26 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Hardcore, What exactly do yo mean by "pull straps"? Not familiar with anything other than ratchet straps for this type of setup. Your response is appreciated and I really am leaning hard toward these steps. Did you get a good deal on yours? If so, where did you score them?

Thanks, LT
LT, I bought mine at cabelas in MN while I was up there one day. No great deal just what they seem to go for everywhere. I just didn't have to pay shipping as I was there. There are two types of tie down straps; ratchet and the pull type that tighten by you pulling on the strap. These are quiet and very easy to use and you release the tension by depressing a metal "strap release" on the strap. This can be done one handed. By customizing these like this they work awesome. Hope this helps.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-18-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

The best and lightest I ever used is the API Quick sticks. They are so light and a snap to put up I strap them right to my stand and back pack then in together. Cheapest that I found is at Dicks I bought 5 sets of 16 ft. ladders for $25.00 now there a lot heaver and not as easy to put up but they are strong and solid and safe!!!! And for the money how ya going to beat it. I got 3 sets cheaper then 1 set of quick sticks. Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Lone Wolf climbing sticks. I've used everything else, and these are the best. Easiest to set-up, quietest, lightest, pack the best (silently), and have the best belt system on the market.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

Check out the Lone Wolf climbing sticks. I've used everything else, and these are the best. Easiest to set-up, quietest, lightest, pack the best (silently), and have the best belt system on the market.
The Lone Wolf sticks are nice, lightweight and easy to pack, but be careful, I have a bigger foot and my foot slips easily off these! Happy Hunting!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Tomkat
Your looking a little stressed out.
I have been using river edge climbing sticks for years now, They came in four foot sections 4 in a box for only $19.89.
I got them atDunham's & Meijer's, yea they are cheap but they work pretty good, they are light weight and made to hold 300lbs.
I have enough sticks to go 62ft but I have 3 tree stand's and thinking about getting some more, I like to get up high.

Quick Reply: Climbing Sticks/Strap On Ladders?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.