Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Help for choosing good climbing sticks/ladders >

Help for choosing good climbing sticks/ladders

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Help for choosing good climbing sticks/ladders

Old 07-29-2006, 04:10 PM

Default Help for choosing good climbing sticks/ladders

I am going to purchase a 15 foot ladder or 15 foot climing stick for my hang on, any reccomendations would be helpful, something safe but economical. Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help for choosing good climbing sticks/ladders

IMO it depends on whether you will be carryingthem in and out of the woodseach time you hunt. If you plan to leave it in the woodsthere are many steel ladder type sticks that can be had for a reasonable price. One of my favorites is the Summit Swifttree. I have seen these on sale at Dicks Sporting Goods for 39.99.

If you plan to move around a lot there is only one choice IMO, a set of Lone Wolf climbing sticks. Three sticks will get you around 16 feet but only weigh 7.5 lbs.I compared the Lone Wolf sticks to Summit Buck Steps, Gorilla Climbing Sticksand Non Typical Rapid Rails. For meLone Wolfwas the hands down winner in weight, ease of set up and most importantly....they go up quietly.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:41 AM

what i did a few years ago was i went to a couple contractors i knew and asked them if they knew where i could get my hands on some cheap 40 foot aluminum ladders for sale and i found a few that were around 100 bucks each and seperated them so i ended up with 4 20 foot ladders and use them. they work great. i took some olive flat camo paint and sprayed them down and they are perfect. just throw em up and use a ratchet strap at the top to secure it to the tree.

Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 AM
Banned

I have several and if you want a complete stick the Summit Swifttree is the one. Your foot is enclosed in each step and this is a great feature. I have old painted alluminum ladders like VA too; just not as portable.HCH