Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Got out,.... FINALLY. >

Got out,.... FINALLY.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Got out,.... FINALLY.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Got out,.... FINALLY.

Well, I finally got out to do some hunting this AM. Our season in Maryland has been open for almost two weeks and I've yet to go. I came to NY and went out on early bow this AM. Great morning. Had does and fawns all up under me but no bucks. I have two tags for either sex or one for a buck. I decided I just didn't have it in me to screw up a new stand site the first hour of the day.[&:] I let them walk and watch red squirrels, chipmunks and grey squirrels play all morning. Suppose to rain maybe this afternoon but for sure tomorrow and Friday. Bummer. If it's not bad I'll go. These tags are only good for 3 more days. I hope a buck shows up.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:01 AM

Default RE: Got out,.... FINALLY.

I thought you were retired??? So much for that huh. Get out there and get yourself a nice one.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this the same Davidmil that last year logged more hours in the woods than the deer that lived there? Haha, good luck and fill those tags!.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well, I finally got out to do some hunting this AM. Our season in Maryland has been open for almost two weeks and I've yet to go. I came to NY and went out on early bow this AM. Great morning. Had does and fawns all up under me but no bucks. I have two tags for either sex or one for a buck. I decided I just didn't have it in me to screw up a new stand site the first hour of the day.[&:] I let them walk and watch red squirrels, chipmunks and grey squirrels play all morning. Suppose to rain maybe this afternoon but for sure tomorrow and Friday. Bummer. If it's not bad I'll go. These tags are only good for 3 more days. I hope a buck shows up.
I assume you are in Northern Zone which opened this morning. Where exactly are you? On your way down if you come through Albany you should come visit us at Lemme's........would love to meet you. Best of luck, there are some bruisers up in the Adirondacks!
Old 09-27-2006, 09:50 AM

Are you carrying your lap top to the tree stand so we can get an on the spot report....Don't be a slacker now...We want minute by minute updates
Old 09-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like a good morning!!!

Dave please come out of retirement and start giving advice again

I miss your post

HNI is not the same with a DaveMill giving out some good solid advice!! Hey if some guys do not like it tough, why should we all suffer?