Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia! >

Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

ORIGINAL: 02bhntn

On closer inspection, it isn't even very clear why the law barring hunting on Sunday remains on the books except that we removed all the other Blue Laws piecemeal (usually as a result of business pressure) and have now logically gotten around to this one. I say logically because there can be no basis in civil liberty for its continuance. And furthermore, there is no question that hunting, as a recreational pastime, is as reasonable as the Sunday drive or boating or hiking or cutting wood or any of the other individual pursuits of men and women everywhere.

I do not believe that there is a conspiracy to deny the rights of hunters.But I think you've hit on the reasoning in your own statement. The numbers of hunters is limited, and only a small portion of the Commonwealths and States involved. So there is less political clout to motivate lawmakers to enact change. Business concerns could probably benifit, but in no way compared to general consumption. Evenamongthe disinterested public the support for such a repeal would be mixedwith people's impulsive opinion probably supporting the law. The advantage the other activities have is that they were not outlawed to begin with, at least not in recent history, and thus didn't require a political action to legalize them. The only constraints were social ones.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talondale,

You paint a really surreal picture of what life was like before. I would argue that things were just smaller then. Less information was available about what was going on. I think you can still find places like that where there is little to no economy. So if you feel that society is failed seek small towns where there are few jobs and a two page paper.

Tom
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, RobVT3. Signed it. It's a two-hour drive to my hunting spots, so Sunday hunting would really help me. Hopefully we'll be huting Sundays next year!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bassfisherman711

Guys, I really cant sign this petition. Sunday if for church and family time and relaxing. I love to hunt just like the rest of you, but we can give the animals a break for oneday and show our love for the Lord.
But what gives you the right to enforce your beliefs on others by law? If that's what you believe then I have no problem with you not hunting on Sunday but you shouldn't be able to dictate what I do with my free time through an unjust law such as this.

RobVT3: I signed it but, be aware that most legal petitions require the signee to be a registered voter in the state for which the petition is submitted. I doubt that this unsigned internet document will be useful other than to the extent that it will show general support.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't sign it.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Signed. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

What!?! You can't hunt on Sunday? In Texas, everyday is a hunting day!