Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia! >

Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Old 09-26-2006, 07:58 PM

Default Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

I'm sure this has already been posted here but I thought I would repost it. Please take a minute to sign the petition if you agree with Sunday hunting in Virginia.

Thanks,
-Rob

http://www.petitiononline.com/shva2006/petition.html
Old 09-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Signed it as a Pa'n. Hopefully it'll spill over into PA and you'll sign ours.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:05 PM

Signed.

Washington allows it, and I love it. Hopefully you can get it accepted.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cannot believe you can't hunt on Sunday. What a bunch of BS!
Old 09-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck. I also would like to see it in Pa.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

What's worse is WV

WV never had it until about 4 or 5 years ago, then the State changed the law and opened up hunting on Sunday (except during deer/rifle season).

Well, it took about 2 years for people to change the law....county by county....passing referendums to again, ban Sunday Hunting. Today, out of 55 counties, I think about 5 still allow it (one of them I hunt in some of the time). Unbelievable....Idiots[:@] Nobody would support the poor hunters(in a state with this rich of a hunting heritage) and even many hunters broke ranks b/c they thought it would interfere with church and such
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 PM

Signed!

You might want to post a link to this thread in the deer hunting forums too to get more views.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Typical Buck

Done - and I hunt VA... -fsh
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

signed. We are fighting the same battle in MD. A lot of us are working our tails off to get it changed.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 AM
BDC
Fork Horn

Hillbilly Hunter,

I live in Braxton County and cannot believe they allowed us to have sunday hunting and then took it away.[:@]

I will admit, I never hunted on sunday but a few times, but I dont like the idea of the state government telling me what I can or can't do on my property.

The argument against sunday hunting was the dumbest argument I have ever heard. Some lawmakers argued that others who use the wilderness in WV need to be given a chance to enjoy the outdoors too. (Birdwatchers, hikers, nature lovers in general) I dont have a problem with others in the forest but those people are not going to be on my property because my property is posted.

The law was proposed, the lawmakers voted, and sunday hunting passed. Then, the lawmakers read what they voted on and realized they passed sunday hunting. They acted like they were duped because sunday hunting was included in the bill.

So then there were a few lawmakers that added an amendment to the bill before it was signed into law to allow counties to vote on the issue. Braxton County's representative, Brent Boggs was one of these representatives who opposes sunday hunting and was in favor of the amendment. I have not voted for him since.

I know that every county voted on the issue one year later and the issue was defeated in most counties. I should respect the democratic process and move on. But I can't help but feel we got a raw deal because when it came time to vote on sunday hunting the issue was not announced very well and was included either during an off year or the primary elections, when there is always a low voter turn out, can't quite remember. I wish they would vote again and this time include the issue during the general election when voter turn out is higher.

Is it fair that a few counties get to hunt on sunday while others can't? Why can't we have sunday hunting on just private property?

Sorry for the long post. This issue touches a nerve with me.

I don't like the argument that sunday hunting will keep people from attending church either. People who attend church will attend, people who dont, won't. Fishing is allowed on sunday, why not hunting?

BDC

Quick Reply: Help get Sunday Hunting in Virginia!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.