Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 We've got trespassers... >

We've got trespassers...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

We've got trespassers...

Old 09-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default We've got trespassers...

Well thankfully i checked my camera today. Only hours before i checked it did i have a pictuer of some guy standing right next to the camera, can only see his pants and arm, looks as if he might have a gun on his waste. Figures he'd wait till sunday afternoon when he thought no one would be up there. It really makes me mad, last year i had a camera stolen, but i bought a cuddeback and w/ the deadbolt and cable he couldnt get it off, i can only figure he was coming back to get it, so i took it down. I also found an empty beer can right off the trail...

Looks to be pretty dirty/trashy, so he might be a hobo that got off the railroad tracks that border our property or he could just be a teenager or some hunter from the trailer park on the other side of the tracks...

We've had stands stolen and other stuff taken, not to mention deer killed off our propety. Its so frustrating to have trespassers wandering all through my hunting area ruining it for me and killing the deer on our property. Last year i found arrow fletching near my favorite treestand... guess someone killed a deer there....

I also had my little woman and little girl w/ me when i checked the camera... I dont know what i'd of done if he came out after us if the object on his hip was a gun, i guess its time to start packin heat when i go in the woods. I used to when we had hobo's and drug addicts living in the woods, but we havnt had that for a few years so i didnt bother w/ the extra weight.

Thanks for letting me vent guys, just really chapps my hide that no one respects other people's property anymore....
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: We've got trespassers...

figued i'd put up the pic, what do you think possibly a gun on the hip there? I lightend up the pic a little so you can see, he looks pretty fithly for a guy just out for a walk, im guessing its a hobo....

Old 09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Trespassing is bad enough but stealing and littering makes it that much worse! [:@]That really sucks. I'd be checking that property more often if you can.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

the camera is about 300 yrds from my house, Im in the woods atleast once a day, and we board horses here for people and they take trail rides all the time... there is someone in the woods alot, so we'll catch him adventually.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like a gun to me but not a hunter because look at his attire, but he could be in there tracking or as you said a hobo
Old 09-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

By the look's of this guy I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you took a real close look ,that you might find another tree stand hanging near by .He just might be setting himself up on your property or the adjacent property.

nubo
Old 09-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

It's not a gun. That's his padded hip belt from his backpack. Regardless he still shouldn't be there. I don't pack heat because it's illegal in MO, but I do carry two knives, one exposed, and one concealed,just as a precaution.