Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Guaranteed! >

Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Old 09-22-2006, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Meaning if it was cheaper like the price of normals clothes it would be worth trying because therefore youd have nothing to lose. Thanks for looking at that with so much "detail".
Old 09-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

The key to is to reduce your odor to an acceptable level so when they do wind you, they think your not as close as you really are. If Scentlok or Scent Blocker and Scent Killer helps me to that, which it has, I'm all for it.
To me this is a reasonable way of looking at it Rob. The slogans of "forget the wind....just hunt"and testimonialsof "I would have never kiled the Blah Blah Blah without it are what bothers me the most.

What exactly is the guarantee? That if I use it and use it corectly I will not be winded? How can this be determined?

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I'm tired of the large companies with large advertising budgets ruining our sport by turning it into a money mill of wasted dollars.
This is where I am going to exit the conversation. I understand you don't want Scent-Lok, fine. Thanks. But before you accuse people of "ruining a sport" learn the facts and of the situation. We sponsor, support and maintain many organizations, government agencies and individuals to help grow and maintain this sport we all share. We are in congress this sport not only in this state you and I share, but nationally in virtually ALL states. We are helping kids learn how to keep our hunting grounds not only safe, but clean and better then they found it. We are helping physically challenged hunters find new ways to enjoy the sport with better equipment so that disabilities aren't a limiting factor. In addition we are a major supporter of Hunt for a Cure benefitting Cystic Fibrosis and have raised well over $400,000 by bringing hunters together to fight a great cause. None of this is even mentioning the other companies who have equally stepped up to grow the sport with their large budgets.

It is a very sad moment when hunters are personally attacking other hunters because of the business they are in. Maybe you don't know but many of us here at Scent-Lok are hunters just like you. We are ethical and follow the rules of the land, just like you. Rather then sticking to a subject about products and their uses, you decide to weaken this sport by alienating other team members and other ethical hunters. Don't you think all of us, products aside, have enought to fight and stand up for? I know much of the ground I used to hunt on as a kid is now a subdivision.

I respect the individuals on this board who challenge our products. They are entitled to their opinions and thoughts. I won't challenge that. Atlasman, to name one, challenges me every time I post anything, however he maintains a certain level of respect. It frustrates me to know their are hunters out in this world who would rather win a small battle and lose ground in a large war.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:13 AM

PM me if anybody has any specific question about their suit or the Guarantee
Old 09-22-2006, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Scent-Lok G.Designer

ORIGINAL: statjunk

I'm tired of the large companies with large advertising budgets ruining our sport by turning it into a money mill of wasted dollars.
This is where I am going to exit the conversation. I understand you don't want Scent-Lok, fine. Thanks. But before you accuse people of "ruining a sport" learn the facts and of the situation. We sponsor, support and maintain many organizations, government agencies and individuals to help grow and maintain this sport we all share. We are in congress this sport not only in this state you and I share, but nationally in virtually ALL states. We are helping kids learn how to keep our hunting grounds not only safe, but clean and better then they found it. We are helping physically challenged hunters find new ways to enjoy the sport with better equipment so that disabilities aren't a limiting factor. In addition we are a major supporter of Hunt for a Cure benefitting Cystic Fibrosis and have raised well over $400,000 by bringing hunters together to fight a great cause. None of this is even mentioning the other companies who have equally stepped up to grow the sport with their large budgets.

It is a very sad moment when hunters are personally attacking other hunters because of the business they are in. Maybe you don't know but many of us here at Scent-Lok are hunters just like you. We are ethical and follow the rules of the land, just like you. Rather then sticking to a subject about products and their uses, you decide to weaken this sport by alienating other team members and other ethical hunters. Don't you think all of us, products aside, have enought to fight and stand up for? I know much of the ground I used to hunt on as a kid is now a subdivision.

I respect the individuals on this board who challenge our products. They are entitled to their opinions and thoughts. I won't challenge that. Atlasman, to name one, challenges me every time I post anything, however he maintains a certain level of respect. It frustrates me to know their are hunters out in this world who would rather win a small battle and lose ground in a large war.
You have got to be kidding me. So you are a charitiable organization now. Wow I never knew. Maybe I should just sign over everything I own upon death because after all Scentlok is looking after our hunting rights. I'm sure you are doing some goodby fleecing hunters out of their hard earned dollars and keeping a sizable profit for yourself. Save the lines of children who will never get to hunt and splitting up hunters etc... for people who have no common sense to see that you are peddling a product that doesn't work as advertised and charging a lot for it all the while laughing it up all the way to the bank.

Tom
Old 09-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Typical Buck

Please don't be discouraged from posting on the forums because of the reaction of afew. Majority of the users will read and not post, so your message is getting out there to the people who want it. The vast few that try to discredit your product are obviously uninformed and simply respond without any cognitive thinking.

I personally have a suit, but have not used it yet. I feel the same way as others do in regards to trying a product before completely disregarding it. As far as your company being bad for the sport of hunting, I completely and solely disagree. From what I have read and what I have seen your company is making a profit yes, but is also returning your profit back into the sport that others are trying so hard to destroy.

I can't speak for all hunters but will speak for some and say "Thank you!"

statjunk said:
So you are a charitiable organization now
He never said that they were a charitiable organization, hesimply statedScent Lok is not bad for the sport of hunting.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Selling a product that cannot possibly work given its design parameters and feeding off the fears of hunters is bad for our sport.

Tom
Old 09-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've gotta tell you that I have never been a big believer in this type of scent eliminator. Especially from what I have read about the military carbon suits and the extreme high temperature needed to reactivate the carbon (much more then a dryer) and the fact that their suits remain sealed until used.

But when I was in Colorado a few years ago, all of the guides swore by the stuff. Now I kind of took it by the hip with their opinions. But hearing TR Michaels and his stated opinion, I'd have to think twice. That fella is NOT the endorsement type and his opinion IMO are genuine. He's a very respectable man who has done an absolute ton of studies on deer behavior in the field.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you Ryan.

Since the thread starterdecided to exit the thread, and all anyone wants to do is attack a manufacturer which is against HNI posting rules, it's no longer a point worth discussing. Consider it closed.