Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Guaranteed! >

Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Old 09-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

There has been a lot of discussion on this and many other chat boards about the effectiveness and results of Scent-Lok and other activated carbon products. We have collected your concerns and presented them to our team for review. I personally want to thank you for all the opinions and feedback you have given us.

One thing missing out of these discussions is any information regarding our product guarantee. We have had in place a FIELD EFFECTIVE GUARANTEE that warrants performance, quality AND results. Our guarantee is unmatched in the industry and no other technology has publicly stated ANY field guarantee regarding their product…except for Scent-Lok.

Our warranty goes above and beyond normal manufacturer’s quality assurances. For several years we have guaranteed that deer and other scent sensitive big game animals will be downwind without busting you. It’s that simple. It either works or it doesn’t; and if it doesn’t Scent-Lok Technologies will refund, replace or help you with your tactics to get animals downwind consistently. We are confident in our products, the science behind them and our own field testing that we feel we can offer you this FIELD EFFECTIVE GUARANTEE. There you have it…no risk and without Scent-Lok; you don’t know what you’re missing.

There are some guidelines that you must follow to ensure success and certain steps and practices must be practiced. Please visit the link below for more information:

http://www.scentlok.com/articles/articles_detail.aspx?n=10

Or feel free to call our customer support line for more information at 800.315.5799. M-T 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. EST and Fridays 8:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.

Or lastly PM me for any questions you might have.

Thanks again to for all your comments and thoughts. I will keep you informed if any new information becomes available.

Nick
Old 09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Cool. Can't beat that. Thanks for the info.

To me, there is no doubt, that when used correctly, Scent Lok systems DO help in scent control.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 PM

1. In order to successfully hunt scent-free, a full system of Scent-Lok apparel must be worn.
System must include:
A. Head protection consisting of a Scent-Lok headcover or a combination of a Scent-Lok-lined hat and facemask.
B. Jacket or Scent-Lok-lined shirt
C. Pant
D. Scent-free footwear
2. Regeneration according to care instructions should occur as often as possible, or at a minimum of every 40 hours of field use.
3. Proper storage must include a Scent-Lok-lined bag. Scent-Lok storage bags should be stored in an airtight container to avoid outside contamination. Never store moist, wet or damp garments in plastic bags.
4. All equipment used in the field must be scent-free to avoid detection.
5. Care instructions found on Scent-Lok hang tags or inside garment must be followed.
6. Workmanship and construction warranted for one year from date of purchase. Field effectiveness warranted for three years from date of purchase.

The way I read that "guarentee" is you have to cover yourself from head to toe with scent-lok gear (which should cost about $800-$1,000) and then there is a "get out of jail free" card which I highlighted. In a nutshell, that sentence means Scent-Lok COULD say any of your other gear is not scent free (bow, arrows, stand, rangefinder, calls, etc) and void the guarentee. Not saying they WOULD..........just that they COULD.

Not a very convincing document...........IMO

BTW.........where is the website that you promised everyone here would be up and running to prove all the scientific claims made about your products.............Did I miss it?
Old 09-21-2006, 02:03 PM

BTW.........where is the website that you promised everyone here would be up and running to prove all the scientific claims made about your products.............Did I miss it?
Caught up in a legal battle not related to this issue. I have worked my butt off to offer our customers the assurances they have been asking for. This is what we can offer. Sorry it doesn't fullfill you specific needs.

Also, Atlas I know you are detailed oriented guy would you really spend $250 to outfit yourself in a suit and forget to spray youre bow down? I don't think so.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I don't see the big problem with the listing of the gaurentee. I don't see any other way that Scent Lok could offer a guarentee, without being covered from head to toe. Think about, if you're just using a pair of Scent Lok pants, and the deer wiffs ya, because you're stinking everywhere else on your body,is it really the Scent Lok pants fault? The onlydeffinate wayto test whether theScent Lok system is working is to be covered from head to toe and use the product correctly as recommended. I wouldn't expect a pair of pants to cover up my swetty armpits.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm sure to a degree it works, but after reading a scientific study on activated carbon, a study that was done in a labratory, I dont think I would spend the big bucks to get Scent Lok. Simple Scent Killer sprayed on me has worked so far.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I understand what Atlas is saying. There are plenty of holes in that guarantee if you were not wanting to refund somebody there money. I am not saying that you guys would do that, but there are plenty of ways around it.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:58 PM

I hear ya. And I respect that way you say things. We have given refunds due to this Guarantee and we have tested the suits to find out what is wrong with them.

We get tons and tons of e-mails and letters of success storys. We get very very few Guarantee calls.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll say it again "I believe in ScentLok about as much as I believe in Santa Claus".
Old 09-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself do not wear Scent-Lok products.
I am lucky enough to live out-west, where the deer are A little dumber.
I hunt public land mule deer & whitetails.
If I were huntingvery spooky deer? I would buy scent-lok in a heart beat. I do believe you have something that is very effective.

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok Guaranteed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.